Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card
SD card
Will a shop-bought ordinary sd card be ok in my Respironics machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card
I don't have a respionics machine so I don't know a lot about them but I have read that people use regular SD cards resmed machines
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2015, 03:44 AM)Di Morgan-Smith Wrote: Will a shop-bought ordinary sd card be ok in my Respironics machine?
Hi Di Morgan-Smith and welcome to Apnea Board
Yes, as long as your Respironics machine has Phillips in the name, "Philips Respironics System One" and not the older types that uses smart data card
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
1GB or 2 GB SD card is all you need

Which models is it, you find the model number if you turn the machine upside down, remember to remove the water tank first
[Image: PR-model-1.jpg] [Image: PR-model-2.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a 561P
Post Reply Post Reply
SD cards are made to universal standards as well as the card readers, so yes, any card should work, unless it's been damaged or corrupted. I don't believe the PR machines are proprietary in that sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
Di Morgan-Smith,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would stay with the name brand ones such as SanDisk, PNY, Lexar. If you are familiar with Woot they often have Centon(sp) cards/flash drives for sale. I would keep away from those as they have very high failure rates based on the comments. The other question to ask yourself is "Would I want to put my family's pictures on this?" If the answer is yes, then get the card. If no, then keep looking.

BTW, when I import into Sleepyhead I also copy the contents of the card to my hard drive and keep a copy there. That way, I always have a backup of the card up to my last upload. I usually upload once a week.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very interested in this question.

I know that with my ResMed S-9, it would simply not ever work with SDHC cards, meaning it would not work with the cards most widely available in the current retail channel.

Standard SD cards (which max out at 2GB, IIRC) were getting hard to find - my goto for the cards had gotten to be Amazon. Even Newegg and TigerDirect were not reliable sources for the older standard SD cards. From what I understand, some of the newer S-9s with an updated firmware package would use the SDHC cards - but no experience there.

Now that I am using the Respironics 560, if they work, I would like to be able to use the SDHC cards which are more widely available (and more affordable) than the older cards.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics DS560 has no problem with SDHC cards. I have a 16 GB card I took out of a camera in mine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2015, 02:00 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I am very interested in this question.

I know that with my ResMed S-9, it would simply not ever work with SDHC cards, meaning it would not work with the cards most widely available in the current retail channel.

There have only been a handful of people who have reported that their S9 machines won't work with SDHC cards. Was your S9 an old model? Can you get the serial number and the firmware number? The second 2 digits of the serial number is the year of manufacture.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.