Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD-card/OSCAR losing data?
SD-card/OSCAR losing data?
Hi all, using Dreamstation Auto CPAP all nights; very successful therapy: AHI's well under 5
Each morning I pull my SD-card and stick it into my PC, run OSCAR 1.2.0 and Bingo: positive feedback from my results.

This morning though I looked at last night's data together, as it happened with my wife and were happy with my data, showing full data, a.o. 8½ hours of peaceful sleep AHI 1,57 I remember.
At the next OSCAR start 15 minutes  later however the nights' data had all disappeared BUT for Session END Times and Session START times. "There is no session to Graph - Sessions all off! "
WELCOME screen saying:  You only had the mask on for 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
You had an AHI of nan, which is equal to your 7 day average of 2.71.

All other data going back 4 years is there in OSCAR, fully retrievable, comprising of two different DreamStations. So no data loss on my PC.

Unplugging/plugging my SD-card did not reproduce data. 
Running CHKDSK on the SD-card gave no errors, no repairs.
Re-importing SD-card data (SHIFT F2) resulted in:  "Up to date".  
Inserted the SD-card in DreamStation: all indications normal.

Card's 2 GB is not full: contains 7.4 MB of data from 17feb21 back to 17dec20; apparently 2 months of rolling data. 
Inspecting SD-card contents using TreeSize shows last accessed 17feb21 (today) and a regular chronological  folder/file pattern including Archives, LOG SEQ and PROP.txt files, filled with non-comprehensible database-data characters.

I remember I had this occurrence once before within the last 2 months running; apparently solved as I see no other blank days...

A self-healing glitch?

More detail available obviously. 

Anyone out there with similar omissions that appear after viewing todays'/last nights' data? Any clues?
Looking forward to your responses,
Sam

PS SD-card is permanently UN-locked using tape hack
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD-card/OSCAR losing data?
Here are 2 things you can try.  They are not listed in any certain order.  Pick one to try and see if it fixed your problem before going to the next one.  
  1. Purge the day's data that is incomplete and then reimport it.
  2. Select Data ⇾ Rebuild CPAP Data ⇾ Your CPAP Model
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson thx forcresponding.
I am ICT savvy but -  What is PURGE in this context? Where is the purge button?
On the SD-card? On my PC? 
Ciao
Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
Data ⇾ Advanced ⇾ Purge Current Selected Day.    Make sure that you have the day you wish to purge displayed in your Daily screen.    My signature has a link, Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR, to the user's guide for OSCAR and its predecessor, SleepyHead.   Reviewing this document should prove helpful in using and understanding OSCAR and its options.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD-card/OSCAR losing data? SOLVED
Hi Crimson,

your suggestion did the trick! Wonderful.

All data up to last night's - this morning's 18feb21 are back there again in good order

Meanwhile I have been trying to understand this PURGE mechanism - what exactly does it do, how does it restore apparently missing data?
Could you point me to a reference article perhaps?

Thank you for your kind help,

Regards
Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR stores an incremental backup of all raw data under the profiles folder. So, in order to repair the database with interpreted data (for instance after an update or mishap/crash) this database can be deleted and again filled from the backup. 
The only two things to keep in mind are:
  1. Is there really a backup? ResMed stores only a limited time of high res data, so one should port at least one ever two weeks
  2. Far in the past, some machines did not make a backup, or a user has switched that option off in Preferences. 
So, never ever delete the OSCAR_Data folder, as you will lose the backup that's in it...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The former story is for rebuilding the entire database. But your question was about purging a single day. 
That is an option to delete the data of the night visible in Daily view. Helpful if somebody made a mistake during import, or imported and then slept again before noon. OSCAR will not import the same day again, so that must be purged before importing it again. 
I hope this is clear enough...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning A Klerk -

"OSCAR will not import the same day again, so that must be purged before importing it again. I hope this is clear enough..."
That explains it all; a matter of definitions.

Being an old hand (74) in ICT "purging" sounds utterly destructive to me, as in 

PURGE defined

So I would normally be very cautious to perform a purge.

Ciao,
Sam
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.