Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card backup on PC and new SD card
SD card backup on PC and new SD card
I am not very accomplished with the computer tech and I have several questions regarding the SD card and backup, ----so I would appreciate any help members could provide.  This was just covered in a post, but the post seemed to be about Mac and anyway it was marked "solved" so I thought I would start a new one for the PC.  I am guessing there is a different procedure for backup on the PC?

I switched machines recently from an AirSense 10 to an S9.  I couldn't find a new SD card handy, so I used the old one, a blue Resmed labeled one, that I had in the AirSense 10.  I expected that the S9 would reformat the SD card but to my surprise it didn't. When I stuck it in the PC and checked it on "file explorer", it looks like all the files for the AirSense 10 use are still there.  I thought that if you stuck your SD card in second machine, it would reformat it and you would lose all the data you had accumulated when using on your first machine?

When I checked the "properties" of the Resmed SD card it said it had 1.83 gb total.  Are the Resmed SD cards only 2 gb (nominal)?  It appeared that all the data files I had on the SD card was only 50 mb or so.  A 32 gb SD card is clearly overkill but I can't even find small capacity SD cards for sale anymore.

The memory in the Resmed CPAP itself---Does it only go back a year or so before over-writing the data or is it related not to date but to the data capacity of the CPAP?  Perhaps it never over-writes the data?  But if you load the data onto Oscar on your PC, I guess it is protected and never over-written?  Even though the CPAP may over-write some data on its memory perhaps it doesn't over-write the data on the SD card? 

Can you just make a duplicate copy of the SD card on a thumb drive or another SD card?  Will it work with Oscar if you plug in the new SD card or thumb drive.

Can you just copy the SD card files to a newly made back-up directory on your PC?  Will Oscar find that new directory?  Suppose for some reason the original Oscar gets to be corrupted and you have to delete it and then reinstall Oscar --will the new Oscar find the backup directory?

Is it possible to load Oscar itself onto an SD card or a thumb drive and then use it in any PC?  ie will it load automatically or do you have to re-install Oscar onto the new PC?

Could you load Oscar itself onto the same SD card you use to record data on the CPAP itself, so you could use it in any PC?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,332 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,037 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,132 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.