Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card extender
RE: SD card extender
(10-21-2014, 03:36 PM)JJJ Wrote: ... before I spend the money, is anyone actually using one of these things and will my S9 Autoset (and other CPAP machines) use it?

I did a bit of googling and it turns out that the original Flashair cards lose the wifi ability if the card is formatted. I know my S9 Autoset will insist on formatting a new or strange card before using it, so the original Flashair is out. But apparently there is a new version "W-02" that can be formatted without wiping out the wifi ability. The new version is also class 10, where the original was only class 6. The class rating is a speed issue; the higher the class the faster. My s9 Autoset is pathetically slow, so I doubt that this would matter.

These cards are intended for cameras, so it's difficult to find information about how they might work in other devices. So far I haven't found any way to contact Toshiba technical support.
Post Reply Post Reply
And you all need this:

http://www.sleepmaster.org/

Enjoy!
Post Reply Post Reply
My Flashair arrived a few days ago, it mocks me in it's package sitting there..... Been so busy I have been unable to get it in a system. It is a series 2 card, and I can't wait to try the damn thing. If that software and the link actually work it would definitely make my testing faster and easier.

Lazer1234 are you actually using that software with a flashair and sleepyhead??
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2014, 02:17 AM)Galactus Wrote: Lazer1234 are you actually using that software with a flashair and sleepyhead??

No, not yet. The only card thats work are this, model PFW016U-1BCW or PFW032U-1BCW

It is not I who have done the program. But it should work from what I heard.
Post Reply Post Reply
new version, easier wifi-connection.

http://www.sleepmaster.org/home.html
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2014, 07:06 AM)Lazer1234 Wrote: new version, easier wifi-connection.

I don't have a Windows computer. I am considering buying the card anyway because I don't see why this program is necessary. When the card is powered my computer should see it, just as it sees all other wifi access points. With a few mouse clicks I can connect, copy the files to a folder, point SleepyHead at it, et voilà. In fact, once the connection is established I can set up a cron job to sync the data on the card with the data in the folder every day automatically.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2014, 09:44 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 07:06 AM)Lazer1234 Wrote: new version, easier wifi-connection.

I don't have a Windows computer. I am considering buying the card anyway because I don't see why this program is necessary. When the card is powered my computer should see it, just as it sees all other wifi access points. With a few mouse clicks I can connect, copy the files to a folder, point SleepyHead at it, et voilà. In fact, once the connection is established I can set up a cron job to sync the data on the card with the data in the folder every day automatically.

I'm not sure about the Toshiba, but some of these WiFi cards don't simply appear as a shared device on the network. You have to take some active action to get the data off of the card. A number of them are disgustingly "cloud" based and put obstacles in the way of doing what you want if you're techie.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Disgustingly cloud based" Someone who shares my thoughts even though I am only an amateur techie.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2014, 01:56 PM)PaytonA Wrote: "Disgustingly cloud based" Someone who shares my thoughts even though I am only an amateur techie.

Count me in as one of the anti-cloud Luddites, or at least as one of the anti-Big-Brother paranoid freaks. Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The cloud is good for certain things.

For too often it's used as a way to lock someone in and screw them. Or it's done badly and is unnecessarily cloud dependent instead of cloud enabled. I've seen a number of things that it was nice to have a cloud option, but it would simply fail to work for no good reason when not attached to the clout.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,875 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Hose extender - best practices? YYCBrian 3 978 05-13-2020, 05:13 AM
Last Post: MitchS
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,327 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.