Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card extender
RE: SD card extender
Ok, just to clarify here the toshiba second generation cards are nothing more than a wifi hotspot that will be seen on your local network. They appear just like a hot spot, no cloud is needed. The major limitations with some of these cards is they only recognize picture formats jpg png etc. The toshiba will see any files. I did get it plugged in but was too busy to get to test it. I have a separate thread I opened a while back and as soon as I can get the time to test it I will update everyone. However, from what I have seen so far you can just browse to the hotspot and transfer the files, but we shall see, no promises yet.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2014, 10:30 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, just to clarify here the toshiba second generation cards are nothing more than a wifi hotspot that will be seen on your local network. They appear just like a hot spot, no cloud is needed. The major limitations with some of these cards is they only recognize picture formats jpg png etc. The toshiba will see any files. I did get it plugged in but was too busy to get to test it. I have a separate thread I opened a while back and as soon as I can get the time to test it I will update everyone. However, from what I have seen so far you can just browse to the hotspot and transfer the files, but we shall see, no promises yet.

Looking forward to your test results!

Post Reply Post Reply
They are coming soon I need it for myself, so I can't wait I should have some free time shortly so I should be good. I promise to share!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a 8 gb freshair card and updated it to the latest version. I spent 4 hours trying to get it working. I had interference with my router(dlink) and I screwed up the settings for it. Getting everything back to normal is what took all the time. It appears that it will not work. It shows the data headings but not the data.

I tried importing it through sleepmaster. That might work but I do not know about the strength of the signal. I have no more then 10 feet going through one wood floor to my computer and the signal was very week.

I will play around more this weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Toshiba Flashair and it is up and running. The issue is copying the files over, which it does, and then telling sleepyhead where to find them, which you can do. It is up and running and it works. I'll update the other thread and get you all descriptions just as soon as possible. I just finished getting it done now and I'm too tired to detail it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can not find my flashair card so I can not do any more testing.

Here is the info that I can share.

I bought a series 6 that was updated to a 10
My PRS1 recognized it
Major interference with my wireless router which made the card unusable until I turned the router off, which is what I do not want to do.
I am concerned about the strength of the signal and how far it will travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, well I promised everyone a review in an old thread, now have done it, it is quick fast as I have been busy, so I'm sure it isn't thorough but it has the information.

Here's the link'

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashair
Post Reply Post Reply
I started this thread and came up with a different way of getting the info to my computer.

I bought a 32 foot active USB cable and snaked it through the walls and ceiling to my computer. A regular USB 2.0 cable can only travel about 16 feet. I bought it off eBay for about $12.00. You can also get 50 foot cables.

I then hooked up a card reader and placed that on my night stand. All I have to do is take the card out of the machine and put it in the card reader about a foot away and the info is available on my computer.

At night I take the card out of the reader and back in the machine. No more getting out of bed because I left the card in the computer.

It accomplishes pretty much of what I originally wanted to do.

Thanks for all the replies, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Hose extender - best practices? YYCBrian 3 978 05-13-2020, 05:13 AM
Last Post: MitchS
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.