Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card not working now
Sad 
SD card not working now
I've had my machine for 6 months now and at first I was removing the SD card to d/l data to my laptop on a fairly regular basis (every day or every other day). Recently I've been doing it less and less, about once a week.

Last night I plugged it into the laptop and nothing. The card reader works on my laptop though because I tested it. And when I put the card back into my CPAP machine, the machine reacted like it usually does when I put it back in. Interesting that the card reader on the machine recognizes the card but my laptop doesn't.

I honestly didn't believe all those warnings about excessive plugging and unplugging the data card and whether it could eventually wear out because I use SD cards all the time and they never wear out (and yes, I use the same ones over and over). And my impression was that it's usually the card reader on the machine that stands a better chance of wearing out, not the card itself. This card came with the machine and is identified as a data card for the PR REMStar One.

I wonder why this one would wear out while normal consumer grade SD cards don't (with the same amount of use).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card not working now
Pick up a 2Gb SD card and use it. They are still available from the online company that starts with "A".

I do not believe "excessive" in/out of the card harms it.
Maybe you just got one prone to early life failure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
USB isn't an exact science. If you have a USB SD card adapter, see if plugging your SD card into that and then plugging it into the USB port makes a difference or into another USB port.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2015, 10:04 AM)novatom Wrote: Last night I plugged it into the laptop and nothing. The card reader works on my laptop though because I tested it. And when I put the card back into my CPAP machine, the machine reacted like it usually does when I put it back in. Interesting that the card reader on the machine recognizes the card but my laptop doesn't.

I'd first try rebooting the computer. If "No Joy" after a reboot then I'd look into a replacement card.

Edit: You could try deleting all USB/SD drive declarations in your Device Manager and rebooting to allow the computer to re-discover those ports.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2015, 10:04 AM)novatom Wrote: I've had my machine for 6 months now and at first I was removing the SD card to d/l data to my laptop on a fairly regular basis (every day or every other day). Recently I've been doing it less and less, about once a week.

There's probably nothing wrong with the card. It's more likely that Windows isn't recognizing it, or just isn't auto-playing it.

Does the card work in another computer?

If you pop it in to your laptop does it still show up as a disk drive in Windows Explorer?

Post Reply Post Reply
I had two Resmed supplied SD cards fail, so I rather suspect they are going cheap on their supply purchasing here. Admittedly this is too small a sample to be entirely sure.

Resmen warns against using third party SD cards on their website, but I am willing to take the chance. Currently I'm using a Flashair card and can leave it in the machine all the time and read it via my wifi network.

However I just want to warn you that if your machine fails and Resmed finds out you are using a third party card they just might use that as an excuse not to honour their waranty. This is a suspicion, not a fact, as I know of no cases where this has happened. Use your own judgement.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2015, 02:00 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: I had two Resmed supplied SD cards fail, so I rather suspect they are going cheap on their supply purchasing here. Admittedly this is too small a sample to be entirely sure.

If they're still using 2GB cards, they may be having supplier issues, since AFAIK, nobody manufactures them anymore.

My "respironics" branded card is just a Lexar with a sticker on it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2015, 02:42 PM)Terry Wrote: My "respironics" branded card is just a Lexar with a sticker on it.

I suspect mine is the same.

I plugged the SD card into my lonely, dust collecting desktop and it worked fine. And other SD cards work well in my laptop as well so I guess my laptop just doesn't like that particular card. I'll try rediscovering and if that doesn't work, get a USB card reader. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if the card reader on the CPAP machine has worn out. That's what would concern me about plugging and unplugging the card all the time.

In general, most people find any SD or SDHC card 1 GB or bigger seems to work fine on PRS1, S9, or A10 machines. Cards bigger than 2 GB seem to work, but don't give you any more data collection.

There's a warning from ResMed in the Useful Links in my signature about a safety concern about non-ResMed cards.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Quote:There's a warning from ResMed in the Useful Links in my signature about a safety concern about non-ResMed cards.

This is what Resmed says:
Q. Why do you recommend using only ResMed-supplied SD cards?

A. ResMed-supplied SD cards should be used in order to meet safety standards (e.g., IEC 60601-1). The electrical safety test authority has determined that S9 therapy devices that use SD cards need to have appropriate clearance from the accessible part of the card to the electronic parts inside the card. ResMed has selected several SD cards that meet the necessary safety requirement and supplies these with the therapy device or as accessories. Not all SD cards on the market meet the clearance requirement or have been tested and validated to work with S9 devices.

Why is my BS monitor sounding the alarm? Is the SD card going to electrocute me? Shock

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nore cpap is working, again ? Jst617 5 190 03-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 477 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 229 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 230 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 523 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 606 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.