Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card not working on my ResMed AirCurve 10
SD card not working on my ResMed AirCurve 10
I have had this machine for about a year. It has always had a problem sending the info/data to Apria. They said they have not received any data since Nov/2019.  I took out the SD card (A micro card inside a SD card) and put it into my computer. It had daily data for the whole year I have used it....but apparently no program. I took it out because I wanted to see how much space was left on the card before I needed to look at getting a new one. Data was less than 1 GB on a 4 GB card. I did not delete nor format the card. as It looked like I would have 3 years or more to go before replacing the card.  I put it back into my AirCurve 10 and it popped up a black screen saying to Do not unplug nor touch anything while SD card is activating.  Now for the problem.  It has the same pop up every time I use it. Whether for a nap or a whole nights sleep. There is no data save each time I have used it.....ie No history...just the last time.  I received the machine from Apria and I have YET to hear back from them. Posts, phone messages, NOTHING has been returned.  The machine works well, so I should just forget about it, but I figure my doctor may want to view the info at some point in the future.  Card in the machine is a Kingston but no history and no program.   What do I need to do? Or, should I just forget about it?
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card not working on my ResMed AirCurve 10
Hello Dandur805, and welcome to the forum!!!

You can download and install OSCAR which will be able to read the data on the SD card and give you the data graphs you may have seen posted on the forum.

The ResMed units typically have built in cellular communications which will send your data to your DME/Doctor without you doing anything. Your DME should have taken care of that when they gave you the machine.
If you look at the front display on the machine do you see anything that looks like signal bars you would see on your cell phone??? Or a circle with a slash? It may be that you are in a cellular dead spot and the machine is not able to get a signal.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could have possibly activated the Write-Protect feature. Look at the carrier that fits in your CPAP and see if it has a slide type switch on its left side. If it does, the switch should be positioned so it is toward the front (the end where the contact pads are) of the card to disable this feature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every time I put in the card into the machine (I do it every day) the message something like - do not remove card while it is being prepared (it comes up to fast for me to read it all). One time it did say to remove the card and take the write protect off and put it back in.

But as others have told you download oscar from the top of the site. It is totally free and will let you see all (every) day from the first day until today's sleep report... It is a great program and you can print off summaries to give to the Dr. showing compliance. I give my Dr. one each year - I just did it this week for 2020.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, Crimson, and I forgot the other reply.....anyway, Jeff, your last paragraph was spot on, but Yes, I have always had a problem like that, even though the modem is one room away, and even when I have my smart phone laying 30 inches away. Never had more than a single bar.  Crimson, I checked and rechecked the lock. First the micro chip does not have one and the SD card carrier that it sits in has the slide all the way to the contacts. The other way is Lock. So that isn't it either. I will download OSCAR and see if that works...... I have never had a problem like this with my other machine....well, kinda. I took it into Lincare and she said she could not read anything on it. I took it home and it opened up and I made a copy and took to the doctor. Go Figure.  Thanks, Guys. I will check back in after loading Oscar and running it for a couple days.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest to try using a regular SD card, anything 2GB to 32GB (fat32).  Using a MicroSD in an SD adapter has caused issues for me in the past.  It's another possible point of failure.

You may want to contact your DME and ask them why they cannot see your data since the ResMed units have built in cellular communications.  Maybe they forgot to set it up, or entered the wrong serial number?  Or did you buy it from an online supplier?
If you have to deal with compliance for your insurance (or work) then it is worth checking into this.  Otherwise your DME may report your compliance as "0" which could be problematic with your insurance (or work).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
No Jeff. It is from Apria (a USA company) and therein lies the problem. They do not pick up the phone and they do not return calls of emails. The only thing they do with any regularity is to bill Medicare monthly.

I have entered Oscar and may well redo it to a single 4 GB SD card if it don't look like it is working.
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience has been the DME and insurance are only wanting data to prove the initial compliance period. Dr. Dolittle and the DME really didn't care what the data said other than to say yes he used it. And I did have Apria as the DME. For supplies, I just had to answer yes/no on have I used the PAP 4 hours daily in the past 3 months. Once we get you past this issue, keep in mind you don't need to replace the SD if it gets full. It should write over the old files at that time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear each area of Apria is different. The local office I dealt with were OK. They did answer the phone and if needed, did return calls if I left a message. Yours sounds like one of the bad ones.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave, and your answer is right.  Now, as for OSCAR, I just got up from a one hour 6 minute nap, and it appears to be working well!!!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.