Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card question
SD card question
I was fortunate enough to get a new AirSense 10 Autoset today. (Difficult because of the ResMed recall.)  I have the SD card I was using with my old 560P, containing that data. Do I need to delete the data on it before inserting it in the AirSense 10, or is it good to go just as is?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card question
I would reformat the card prior to is use. Also, unless the AS10 is factory box new, I would suggest that you reset it to factory defaults first, then set it to your required settings. There have been many posts here of users finding previous use data on their new machine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! First I will back up the data on the card. I have already set up a new profile in Oscar.  Wasn't sure that was necessary but it seemed like a good idea.

I'll also follow your advice about the factory reset. If I can figure out how. I just found the instructions on how to request the clinician's manual by email. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
You are starting off in the right direction. Since each manufacturer reports things differently, it is best to have a profile setup for at least each brand of CPAP.

To access the Clinician menu, simultaneously press the bar type button below the screen and the big knob to the right of the screen for about 6 seconds.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2021, 07:36 PM)Winterfrost Wrote: I was fortunate enough to get a new AirSense 10 Autoset today. (Difficult because of the ResMed recall.) 

AFAIK there's no ResMed recall.

Philips Respironics has issued a recall.

Quote:I have the SD card I was using with my old 560P,

That's an older Philips Respironics machine.

If your new ResMed machine didn't come with a SD card installed call the equipment provider and tell them you want it. If they try to tell you you don't need it tell them you do. And that you are entitled to it since it's part of the new machine.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
My DME has a drawer full of ResMed cards and they insisted on giving me one because they insist that it is impossible for the machine to write on a general-purpose SD card. Although the only card that they've ever read from me was my backup card that I bought at the Walmart. (My husband programs arduinos, and I have SD cards everywhere in my house, LOL)

I wrote up a detailed procedure of how I manage my SD card here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid412477
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure any SD card will work with a Resmed 10. I just bought an ordinary one at Office Depot. You don't need a very big one; the smallest I could find was 8GB and that's way, way bigger than needed.

I find moving the SD card around a real PITA too. Unfortunately the old WiFi SD card market seems to have mostly expired; that'd be ideal because you could just download the data via WiFi. See this forum for some ideas on that. The Toshiba FlashAir is the most promising product still on the market today but I've yet to get mine working.

I'm fairly certain your doctor can't get the second-by-second detailed data via the Resmed's cellular uplink; they need the card too. My new Resmed 10 in July didn't come with an SD card. I looked around and was told that's standard now, Resmed stopped including a card a year or two ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 12:15 PM)NelsonM Wrote: My new Resmed 10 in July didn't come with an SD card. I looked around and was told that's standard now, Resmed stopped including a card a year or two ago.

That's odd. I bought my new Resmed ASV back in July, and it came with an SD card installed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huh, mein was a Resmed 10 Autoset, no the ASV Maybe that's the difference, or maybe it was when the machine was packaged. Given the value of an SD card is about $5 I'm not gonna worry about it. Anyway, any old card will work fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, yes, I mistyped. The Philips recall.  I had a PR System One 560P, now I've got a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. I backed-up the data, reformatted the card, set up a new profile in Oscar, and I'm good to go. Also had much better results with the AS10 than I ever did with the 560P.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,876 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  SD Card Question TommyG 5 851 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM
  question about data card jwells1201 2 1,269 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.