Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card reader failed? Resmed S9
SD card reader failed? Resmed S9
Well, shucks. I took my machine out of town overnight and now I get "no SD card detected".

I have power cycled multiple times, tried multiple cards, formatted the card, etc...

anyone have this problem? Anyone ever fix this, or have it fixed?

I am looking for advanced level information and repair procedures if anyone knows, i cannot find a repair manual anywhere, of course. Resmed S9 Vpap auto.

Thanks!
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card reader failed? Resmed S9
Nothing?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 02:25 PM)MaddMike Wrote: Well, shucks. I took my machine out of town overnight and now I get "no SD card detected".
Do you mean, "no SD card detected", message displayed on the S9 screen, whenever SD card inserted

or, the problem is due to a faulty card reader, as the title of the thread imply "SD card reader failed?"

Post Reply Post Reply
I might assume that the cardreader has failed, however i dont know whats inside, i know a lot of things internally are connected with ribbon cables that could potentially come loose. I was hoping that someone had experience to share.

Yes, the message i get on the screen at powerup is "no SD card detected"

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 01:27 AM)MaddMike Wrote: Yes, the message i get on the screen at powerup is "no SD card detected"

Mike
Whenever you start the machine without the SD card, you get "No SD card detected"
When the SD card inserted correctly until click in place, the message changes to "Reading SD card"

As you've tried different cards, I assume the spring mechanism inside the SD card slot is faulty as the machine is not recognizing the SD card

or maybe the SD card is not one which ResMed recommend
Therapy data card FAQs: http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/sup...-faqs.html

Post Reply Post Reply
It snaps in and out normally, and it worked for a month until i travelled with the machine. no matter what I have tried, it never tries to read the card. "No SD card detected" is the only message that appears.

I guess i will have to disassemble it without instructions. I thought for sure someone would have experienced something like this before and at least gotten some info from the repair facility as far as what was repaired or replaced.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed it. I wouldn't recommend that anyone else try this. I did lose a part that i never had a chance to even see when i disassembled the actual card reader on the mainboard, so i will have to use tweezers to remove the card from now on.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
As a side note, sometimes you can hold the SD card in manually and it will be recognized since it may be being projected by the built-in spring and internal stop to a point that has poor contact with the terminals. In electronics troubleshooting, always wiggle and thump things to see if it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes i tried all of that. It appears that the finger that makes a connection to tell the machine that there is a card installed... Had a very poor contact. Increasing tension is what fixed it.

I also had to leave the ejection spring out due to losing the piece that locks and releases it. I see it as a minor inconvenience though, as the card is held tightly now.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
For inside view pictures of the S9, see post #4
Paula pictures post #7
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...9#pid91679

Inside View of a ResMed S9 CPAP Machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-Machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,203 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 280 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 457 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 294 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 433 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 308 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 Humid failed ? tpm1952 6 582 11-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.