Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card reading errors
SD card reading errors
the airsense 11 has problems reading my SD cards ( I have two which I alternate) .. I can take it out , put it back in and sometimes that clears the error.. sometimes I have to repeat that three or four times before the card can be read by the cpap machine.

this didn't happen when the cards were new -- I always lock the cards before inserting into the computer.

any suggestions?

thanks
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card reading errors
What does the error say? Without knowing that, it's a little hard to know. I don't have an Airsense 11 but I've not seen that in my Airsense 10. I think it was only the Airsense 9 that had the issue with needed to be write protected but at least you know it's not that. You always remember to take off the write protect when you put it in the machine again?
Post Reply Post Reply
the error just says something like can't read the card  - remove it .. no error codes.

and yes pretty certain I always lock/unlock the card at the appropriate time.

charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. I wonder - because it's intermittent and with multiple cards - if there's maybe some dirt or something in the slot? Maybe it just takes a particularly firm push to get it to register? I'm sorry I can't be of much more help, not having one myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking to just reformat one of the cards to see if that helps

or maybe start with just deleting everything on the card and then if that doesn't help, to reformat.
Post Reply Post Reply
- Stop toggling the write protect switch, there is no need since the ResMed S9
- Stop switching between two SD Cards, pick one and only use it
- Reformat the card, ensure you format it as Fat32

If you experience the problem with the single card, *then* switch to the other card

This way we have a good chance of isolating it to one of the cards, the SD Card drive or process.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2022, 12:38 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: - Stop toggling the write protect switch, there is no need since the ResMed S9
- Stop switching between two SD Cards, pick one and only use it
- Reformat the card, ensure you format it as Fat32

If you experience the problem with the single card, *then* switch to the other card

This way we have a good chance of isolating it to one of the cards, the SD Card drive or process.

that is good news on toggling the write protect switch.. I was instructed to do this because the desktop computer may try to add a file to the card.
I'll try what you suggested.. makes sense to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2022, 03:02 PM)cberistain Wrote: that is good news on toggling the write protect switch.. I was instructed to do this because the desktop computer may try to add a file to the card.

Yes, that *was* good advice with the ResMed S9.  Both Windows and Macs can put thumbnails/index files on the drive. Then, when the S9 sees the foreign file, it would erase the data and starts again. 

This behaviour has been addressed in the Air 10 and later devices.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 183 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,536 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR build errors on MacOS JEMH 2 619 08-23-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: JEMH
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 681 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 597 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Smile OSCAR report reading Filbert 2 676 04-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Filbert
  issue with reading identification data thman 4 685 03-05-2023, 10:48 AM
Last Post: thman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.