Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card type and usage
RE: SD card type and usage
(02-15-2019, 03:23 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 01:27 PM)MitchS Wrote: Be sure to go into options in the clinical menu and make sure Essentials is set to plus instead of on, or the detailed data will not be loaded onto the sd card.

The essentials setting does not change what is written to the SD card, but when set to plus provides more detail in the sleep report shown on the screen of the Resmed and a breakdown of the AHI.

My misunderstanding. Thanks for the clarification.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The card that came in my machine looks like a 4GB card labeled HC. The card does not affect the operation of the automatic transfer. As one person pointed out there is very limited memory without the card. So you should have a SD card in it. In Sept I will have 3 years of data on it and it still has space left as of now. While I'm no expert, in my opinion, I wouldn't get a bigger SD card. I don't know how long the read/write cycles will hold up on it. Just cheaper to get a new card when it gets full. The ONE thing I am very careful of is when I remove the card from the machine I flip the write switch to LOCK. Just remember to unlock it when you put it back in the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2019, 06:32 PM)steve823 Wrote: The ONE thing I am very careful of is when I remove the card from the machine I flip the write switch to LOCK. Just remember to unlock it when you put it back in the machine.
Sleepyhead pops up with that warning because of issues with some older machines.
Unless you are concerned about "dumb thumbs", it's not an issue on the Resmed "10" series machines.

As far as rewrite cycles...  hundreds.
I had a 64gb card in my dashcam and it lasted 2 years, overwrite cycle was every 3-4 days.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2019, 01:12 PM)Sleepster Wrote: The new machines come with a SD card, so whoever sold you the machine must have removed the card. I don't know what you need to buy as a replacement but I'm sure someone here can tell you. It's nothing special.

Hi Sleepster, newbe here to using an APAP and this forum. 

I just got my ResMed AutoSense 10 AutoSet last week and noticed that I didn't have an SD card either. I decided to call ResMed directly about my "missing" card since I plan on traveling out of the country for about a month.  Here's what they told me:
  1. ResMed doesn't automatically ship units any longer with cards. If the DME supplier specifies one is needed, then one can be added.
  2. When I asked if I needed a card to hold the data while I traveled, I was told no, that the machine itself has enough built-in data storage for a couple of months of data. She told me exactly how many days, but I didn't write it down, and that it would resync that data when I arrived back in US cellular areas.
I understand ResMed used to always ship with cards, which is why I was surprised to find mine "missing", but this seems to be something new they are doing.

I have ordered a card for myself so I can start using the software mentioned on this forum to get more detail information about my therapy. I just love getting into the weeds of this stuff. 

Lots of wonderful information here--Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day SteadyAir. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote:When I asked if I needed a card to hold the data while I traveled, I was told no, that the machine itself has enough built-in data storage for a couple of months of data. She told me exactly how many days, but I didn't write it down, and that it would resync that data when I arrived back in US cellular areas.

I think you've been given some fake news. Although the machine holds the compliance and summary data for a year, the detailed data is only saved if you have an SD card installed. It is the detailed data that makes so much difference in diagnosing problems and optimising your treatment.

I really don't understand where Resmed is going with this policy - they seem to be hell-bent on crippling the one thing that can make or break the success of treatment.

You mentioned you ordered a card - I hope you didn't get one of Resmed's own branded cards at their criminally inflated price - any ordinary SD card from a camera shop or electrical store will do the trick provided it is between 2 and 32 Gb in size.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2019, 11:49 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I think you've been given some fake news. Although the machine holds the compliance and summary data for a year, the detailed data is only saved if you have an SD card installed. It is the detailed data that makes so much difference in diagnosing problems and optimising your treatment.

Well, in hindsight, I don't think it was "fake news". I think it was just too many assumptions all around.  I didn't ask if detailed data was stored on the machine without an SD card and I am guessing that it didn't cross her mind that I would be interested in it.  It's probably just a percentage of us who are even interested in getting into the real details of our therapy. Most folks just do what the doctor tells them (I know, most should care, but that's just not the reality of life).

(02-25-2019, 11:49 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I really don't understand where Resmed is going with this policy - they seem to be hell-bent on crippling the one thing that can make or break the success of treatment.

And here it was just me thinking it was all about the dollars and saving a buck or two by not shipping out cards any longer.  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 287 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Need total usage time displayed in OSCAR for FAA dadto5 4 606 11-18-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: dadto5
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 452 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Event type display MarkChap 8 911 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Software usage Dougl 1 440 01-27-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.