Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card vs machine report AHI
SD card vs machine report AHI
Stupidly last night I forgot to reinsert my SD card, so this morning I inserted the card then removed it again to see if the machine would remember any data from the night and write it to the card. As analyzed in OSCAR, The machine did write the start and stop times as well as an AHI score but no wave forms. What was curious is that the OSCAR AHI was 0.2 and the machine score was 0.7.

So,  why the difference? Is a machine generated report (on its little readout screen) differ from what OSCAR figures?

ResMed aircurve 10 ASV

Thanks for your comments!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card vs machine report AHI
What do you have your reporting period set to on your ASV? It will always reset back to the default of 1-month if you lose power.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, not sure what that means. I did not lose power, just forgot to have my SD card inserted last night and for that night only.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming the CPAP and OSCAR are reporting the same period the difference is typically traced to how each rounds the data.

IMHO OSCAR is the more accurate unless you are presenting something we haven't yet seen.

Thus the above questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, a Resmed's day is from noon to noon.  If you happen to sleep past the machine clock's noon hour, part of your data will be on one day , and the remainder will appear on the following day.  Secondly, all Resmed devices have the option to set the machine's reporting period that appears on the display, 1-Day, 1-Week, 1-Month, 3-Months, 6-Months, and 1-Year.  The default for this parameter is 1-Month.  OSCAR's reporting on the Daily screen will be 1-Day.  So my question is, what is the reporting period set to on your Resmed ASV?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhh all this is very interesting. I checked on my machine in the clinical setup area and it is set to the default of 1 month, BUT I notice that switching to one day does not change the AHI figure either way which appears to be only for the one recent night, BUT the rest of the figures do give averages or figures for the time period selected.

So it appears that the machine screen readout has BOTH a daily figure and then the data for the time period selected. A hybrid of daily and "time period" set.

My data did fall into the noon to noon time frame. Learning tons here!

So perhaps OSCAR was able to interpret some information its own way vs the ResMed machine even though the tracings were not available due to my card not being in the machine this last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you regularly sleep through your noon hour, the trick is to set your ASV's clock back, so it thinks that it is still on the same day. The object of the game is to look at total hours slept, and not specifically when you did it.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I don't need to change it. I traditionally sleep from 10pm to 6am so the default settings are OK for me as far as the time frame is concerned.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,478 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,284 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 632 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  User report: Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus works very well with 1.5.0 clan 1 729 09-24-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: clan
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.