Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD cards and data safety
RE: SD cards and data safety
It is my understanding that Rescan only works with Resmed machines. Mine is Respronics so, if that is the case, my only option was SleepyHead. Yes, when I open SleepyHead, it has the data saved that I downloaded into the program. It is, however, missing the first several months of my therapy, which would have been interesting since I was first adjusted to CPAP.

My physician randomly requests data from my DME provider so I don't want to mess up the data on the card. I'm not old enough to have to deal with Medicare yet. I believe my insurance is satisfied with my compliance at this point in time but the insurance system is so unstable in the United States right now....who knows. Wishing I knew more about computers, files, etc. I may figure this out one day if I live long enough! lol
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish i could help you more. I have been looking in my SleepyHead directories. I found my data files but it's buried pretty deep in directories. I'm afraid it might be intimidating to dig that deep and i'm not sure what to tell you to look for. It would be nice to find data files with dates from the missing data that you mentioned.

Hopefully you will find someone on this forum who is computer savvy and a user of SleepyHead. Hopefully your missing data files are still on your computer.

This is where your data files are:
documents\SleepyHeadData\Profiles\your name\name of your cpap machine\backup\datalog

Darrell
Post Reply Post Reply
The "scan and fix" message is not from SleepyHead, it's from Windoze. I select "do nothing because you're a stoopid software" option.

In other words, ignore it and select which ever one is the ignore option.

Before you put the card into the reader, slide the little slider on the side of the card to the "lock" position. This keeps the computer from writing anything onto the card. Then, before putting the card back into your CPAP, slid the little lock back into the "unlock" position.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2013, 12:34 PM)Donna Wrote: It is my understanding that Rescan only works with Resmed machines. Mine is Respronics so, if that is the case, my only option was SleepyHead. Yes, when I open SleepyHead, it has the data saved that I downloaded into the program. It is, however, missing the first several months of my therapy, which would have been interesting since I was first adjusted to CPAP.
Donna,

Have you been using the same PR System One CPAP machine for the entire time you've been PAPing???

If so, it's odd (but not totally unheard of) that the System One is only showing you part of the data. Occasionally one or more of the files will get corrupted on the SD card when the machine writes to the card and that can cause data download problems in SleepyHead.

This has happened to me when I have had something like a power surge during the night. It's also happened when I had a battery failure while camping one night. And it can also happen if you remove the card while the System One is actively writing data to the card. It can also happen if the SD card simply has a bad spot on it and the System One writes one of the files to the bad spot. Finding the corrupt file takes a whole lot of time and effort and poking around and it's not that easy to do unless you're very, very comfortable with poking around computer file systems and looking at files in text editors.

You can try to get your hands on Encore, the official PR software. It's harder to find than ResScan is. Sometimes data will load into Encore when it won't load into SleepyHead when there is a problem with a corrupted file.

One thing you can try for now: Start with a brand new SD card. Put the brand new SD card into the System One machine. When you open up SleepyHead, create a new SleepyHead user. Download the data from the new SD card to the new SleepyHead user. Sometimes that's what it takes to get SleepyHead to load "old" missing data from a PR System One. You won't have the wave form data, but you will have the event table so you'll know when the events occured and you'll have the leak line and all the summary data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 877 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  NOTICE: FDA Fire Safety Alert Dreamstation 2 Gideon 15 1,254 12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: kotaKat
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,328 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Resmed Field Safety Notice ckingzzzs 6 995 07-06-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings SenatorBirch 3 541 05-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 673 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.