Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD slot life ?
RE: SD slot life ?
(11-20-2018, 09:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The card slot failed on my System One BiPAP at relatively low hours.  The pins and springs can fail more quickly if the SD card is inserted incorrectly, or if it is defective or damaged.  Life varies a lot, but daily use will certainly wear it out faster.  Once you have settled on therapy settings, you will probably find weekly or monthly review of data is plenty.  If not, then switching to wifi makes sense.

Weekly or monthly?  Dang.  I better get in gear.  I was thinking annually or biennially was doing pretty good.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2018, 10:04 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Hopefully, what I posted didn't offend.

My fault, Dave. What I said was intended entirely as a joke, and I should have put a smiley there. Sorry!
Post Reply Post Reply
To all sorry for distraction from topic. Fats Drywaller, non issue. I missed joke font, and my sarcastic font is broke.

Coffee

OK where were we? How's the patient?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I can see Sleeprider's point on inserting card incorrectly. I'm thinking if you try to instill while on an angle, it adds stress. Straight in should be non issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has there been any technical progress with the Wi-Fi SD card arrangement? Nothing new or otherwise newsworthy?

BTW fill me in: you just buy the
Wi-Fi SD card and use an app to setup and run it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Toshiba FlashAir, very happy with it.

Advantages:
  • Convenient
  • Can't forget SD Card in computer
  • No wearing out out SD card reader
  • No breaking SD card and leaving bits in reader 
  • No forgetting to lock/unlock SD Card issues

Disadvantages:
  • Pricey
  • Machine has to be close to router
  • Finicky to set up
  • Slow transfer time
Post Reply Post Reply
And only works on 2.4 MHz WiFi band.  I can't use anything on 2.4 MHz band due to neighborhood congestion.  I use 5 MHz band exclusively so until there's one for 5 MHz band, I am SOL.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
How close does the card have to be to the router? Anyone tested this out and gotten an approximation?

Don't recall seeing this addressed.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd guess walls would make that distance shorter, but IMO probably 50 feet or thereabouts maybe is workable. I'd also say it depends on your network equipment. Others that know for certain, please correct my guesses.
Post Reply Post Reply
30 feet or 9 meters, and that's if you don't have a 2.4Ghz phone system or microwave in between.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,111 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,259 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 623 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 957 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,316 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.