Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD slot life ?
RE: SD slot life ?
I understand that what I am about to relate is moot for the purposes of the topic, but I don't read my card more than maybe twice per month.  I look at it like this:

A. I have stable reports, no fitting or leakage problems, no sores, nothing more than trouble staying asleep for more than about 5.5 hours (but that has been my history for the past 25 years);

B. I use MyAir as a daily indicator of consistency.  If my results each morning show two green smiley faces and my AHI is less than 1.5, I'm safe for the next 24 hours;

C. I should keep an accurate and reasonably current archive of my SleepyHead results, and that's the only reason I remove the card about twice per month.

For those new to PAP, and who are still dialing in their treatment, it would make sense to learn how each previous night has gone.  Download SD card information most days.  But for stable people such as I am, we can afford to reduce the density of our vigilance, especially if the rough 'n ready MyAir says we have been doing well.

All mechanical components wear, some faster than others, with quality assurance being a good predictor (design, materials, assembly, packaging, transport, owner handling).  These days, $50 kettles and toasters are throw-aways.  It's a fact, sad as it is.  Few last more than 365 days+.  Every time you use a card reader, the card, or the resident slot in a machine, you run the risk of something breaking.  This is why I choose to reduce the wear and tear by reducing the cycles of use.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed AS10 with Toshiba FlashAir WiFi SD Card is located about 30 feet from my router on the same floor.

I use Sleep Master to transfer the data and typically it takes about 4 minutes to transfer the data. Measuring the 2.4 network signal strength to my router, drops from -25 dBm to -65 dBM at the device.

The 2.4 network is extremely congested where I live. I'm in a high-rise condo with hundreds of competing devices in close proximity. This explains a lot of the slow transfer rate, and I'm guessing most others are in a less congested networks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since Sleep Master (FlashPAP as well) and the SD's data have to sync to see what files have been transferred, a periodic "scrubbing" of the data on the FlashAir will improve download times.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could always use one of these. I tried it to get better WiFi but it still wasn't a reliable connection.
I do find it easier to insert and remove the card then picking up the machine.

[Image: 8dwIA6Ul.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2018, 03:32 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: You could always use one of these. I tried it to get better WiFi but it still wasn't a reliable connection.
I do find it easier to insert and remove the card then picking up the machine.

[Image: 8dwIA6Ul.jpg]

Rather convenient there. Easy reach. Smart innovation there dwd1249.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Current Respironics & Resmed machines allow SD & SDHC cards, but not SDXC cards. Cheap cards might be of such low quality that they'd fail quickly, but one of the better known brands should last a good while.

The last time I took my Sandisk SDHC card in to my doctor, the tech there told me my card was weird (even though it was the same card I'd brought every time before that).
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
No WiGi card on 5 GHz band?  2.4 GHz band way to crowded around my house so not usable.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2018, 03:49 PM)zzzlessinMS Wrote: 2.4 GHz band way to crowded around my house so not usable.

Since each device has a unique IP number and the smallest normal IP range can have up to 254 devices, please explain.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cannot stream anything on 2.4 GHz band without constant buffering.  Takes 5 seconds or more for most websites to load.  So use 5 GHz band exclusively.

Why so crowded?  I live in subdivision with small houses (under 1200 sq feet) and small yards.  Everyone is using WiFi for everything. Here's what you see on 2.4 GHz now while nobody is home except me.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the responses, I bought a wireless sd card but after playing with it
for over an hr I couldn't do a thing with it so just gave up. And I tried a SD card
extender but couldn't get it to work either so I will just hope the SD slot holds up
in my Dreamstation .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 395 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,255 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 622 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 955 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,313 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.