Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SDHC Flashair card in PAPs
SDHC Flashair card in PAPs
Has anyone tried using any of the Flashair or WIFI SDHC cards in their data capable PAP units? I'm getting sick and tired of taking the card out, putting it in my computer, remembering to lock it, remembering to unlock it, remembering to put it back in the unit etc. Seems a Flashair or WIFI card would solve all the problems. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this.

For anyone unfamiliar with this, it is an SDHC card that would allow for file transfer over a wireless network. So the SDHC card would remain in the PAP unit and you could get the data wireless.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SDHC Flashair card in PAPs
I've thought about it but never looked into it. The last time I looked at the price of them, for use in my camera, it was cost prohibitive. What's the price of them now?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I saw a thread on this a month or so ago. Those who were trying had problems with software reading the data.

I saw a sale on an 8 GB SD WiFi card a couple days ago. I think it was around $15-$20.
I would be among the folowers who would love to try this after someone proves it can work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 04:30 PM)Galactus Wrote: Has anyone tried using any of the Flashair or WIFI SDHC cards in their data capable PAP units? I'm getting sick and tired of taking the card out, putting it in my computer, remembering to lock it, remembering to unlock it, remembering to put it back in the unit etc. Seems a Flashair or WIFI card would solve all the problems. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this.

For anyone unfamiliar with this, it is an SDHC card that would allow for file transfer over a wireless network. So the SDHC card would remain in the PAP unit and you could get the data wireless.

Well BLESS YOUR HEART, you poor overworked guy! Dielaughing

It does sound kind of interesting though. I was not aware that such a thing existed. I presume that you are going to keep on the trail. If you would not mind, let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Herbm was playing around with it on his S9, I know he was having trouble with the Resmed unit not likings the software that was required to work. Think he gave up. Have not heard of anyone trying it on Respironics yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 01:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I've thought about it but never looked into it. The last time I looked at the price of them, for use in my camera, it was cost prohibitive. What's the price of them now?

Found one at $17.99

(09-21-2014, 01:49 PM)bwexler Wrote: I saw a thread on this a month or so ago. Those who were trying had problems with software reading the data.

I saw a sale on an 8 GB SD WiFi card a couple days ago. I think it was around $15-$20.
I would be among the folowers who would love to try this after someone proves it can work.

Looks like I'll have to lead the way on this one Smile

(09-21-2014, 02:20 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 04:30 PM)Galactus Wrote: Has anyone tried using any of the Flashair or WIFI SDHC cards in their data capable PAP units? I'm getting sick and tired of taking the card out, putting it in my computer, remembering to lock it, remembering to unlock it, remembering to put it back in the unit etc. Seems a Flashair or WIFI card would solve all the problems. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this.

Well BLESS YOUR HEART, you poor overworked guy! Dielaughing

It does sound kind of interesting though. I was not aware that such a thing existed. I presume that you are going to keep on the trail. If you would not mind, let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Truth be told it is more of the whole remembering to put it back in and to lock and unlock it and I mean mistakes get made. Add to this the whole removing reading reinstalling etc., the cards failure rate is higher based on all this movement rather than just leave it there and leave it be sorta thing.

(09-21-2014, 02:34 PM)JWR Wrote: Herbm was playing around with it on his S9, I know he was having trouble with the Resmed unit not likings the software that was required to work. Think he gave up. Have not heard of anyone trying it on Respironics yet.

Ok I guess I shall be a pioneer! I shall strive out into the wilderness and see what I can see Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so right now I get up everyday take the card out of my machine and download the data to sleepyhead. I presume the data is on the card. But what does the machine store?

I mean before I go out on a limb here and try and make this work I want to be sure I don't screw up my own stuff.

So if I put a blank card in the machine what will it do? Will I lose my old data on the old card? Or is the data still stored in the unit and will just be written to the new card?

Let me know what you guys know about the card so I know at least in that respect what to expect. In the interim I am going to order a few of the wifi cards and see what I can see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 07:07 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok so right now I get up everyday take the card out of my machine and download the data to sleepyhead. I presume the data is on the card. But what does the machine store?

I mean before I go out on a limb here and try and make this work I want to be sure I don't screw up my own stuff.

So if I put a blank card in the machine what will it do? Will I lose my old data on the old card? Or is the data still stored in the unit and will just be written to the new card?

Let me know what you guys know about the card so I know at least in that respect what to expect. In the interim I am going to order a few of the wifi cards and see what I can see.

Use one of your new spare machines like the 660 or 650 don't remember which one you have , use it for a few minutes then see what you got . that way you don't mess up your good data on your main machine .
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok guys, I promised to check this out and get back to all of you, so here it is;

Toshiba Flashair, W02 version 16GB - That is the card I tested. I'll get the pics and part numbers up later, but that is the card. Purchased on Fleabay at $25.

I played around with it in different machines, checked the card and a whole bunch of other stuff. Bottom line is these cards are intended for pictures, and they work very smoothly for that purpose.

So onto CPAPs cause no one cares about pictures.

Out of the box the card takes a small setup, download the drivers, change the password setup the SSID numbers and all that jazz. Nothing you can't handle. Then put the card in the PRS1. Sees the card, writes to the card, does it thing, no problem seeing it, or writing to it or anything else. Now comes the fun part, to use it like this one would need to copy the PAP files one by one from the card to another directory. That is quite annoying indeed, and not really smooth. To resolve this someone else wrote a quick, easy clever piece of software called sleepmapper, basically what it does is log the card, select all the data and copy it over to the hard drive under a specified directory. There are a few things to know about the software like you need to select the correct CPAP unit, and that you need to know the password for the card, but very simple overall. This nifty application just grabs all teh data copies it over and then you direct sleepyhead to see it.

The card works great, the range is pretty damned awesome, YMMV, for me, through three sets of walls to a PC no issues at all. Sees teh card sees the data all good.

One of the annoyances is the PC can't seem to keep a wifi connection between the card and the router so basically you disconnect from your standard connection, connect to the card, get to the data, then log back onto your normal connection.

Overall for the $25 it is a nice solution, you don't have to keep taking the card out, putting it back, lock it, unlock, blah blah blah. This is pretty smooth and works great. The price isn't too bad either so overall I'd say it's a win.
Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus, thanks a million for all your efforts in figuring this out!

However, what if sleepmapper won't run on your computer? It only has to be used once at the beginning to set things up, right? Can the things it does be done manually?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
Angry [News] ELON MUSK TAKES CRAP FOR DELIVERING BI-PAPS srlevine1 2 971 04-16-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: sleepyp
  Please help me find an SDHC card reader that will work on Resmed cards EnsignRo 8 1,580 01-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Helpful info re Toshiba Flashair Keljian 6 1,623 03-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Is SDHC suitable for REMSTAR System One DS56? asdftalk 6 1,428 08-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: asdftalk
  [CPAP] FlashAir III w/ PR System 1 A-Flex markn62 11 2,570 07-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: markn62

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.