Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SDHC Flashair card in PAPs
RE: SDHC Flashair card in PAPs
Someone has developed a s/w to deal with the copying problem. The software is available at sleepmaster.org for free. Check it out. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I am the author and owner of the Sleep Master Wireless Sleep Data Transfer program and website. SleepMaster.org is not a DME!

Help yourself to the software, it is free.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2014, 11:31 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok guys, I promised to check this out and get back to all of you, so here it is;
Overall for the $25 it is a nice solution, you don't have to keep taking the card out, putting it back, lock it, unlock, blah blah blah. This is pretty smooth and works great. The price isn't too bad either so overall I'd say it's a win.

Thanks and congrats on figuring this out.

I was about to post and ask for the details but then I saw your machine type: Respironics.

I couldn't get the STUPID Resmed to work with the Flashair driver files/directories present.

Resmed applied ACTIVE COUNTERMEASURES that prevented this.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 12:28 AM)JJJ Wrote: Galactus, thanks a million for all your efforts in figuring this out!

However, what if sleepmapper won't run on your computer? It only has to be used once at the beginning to set things up, right? Can the things it does be done manually?

You could manually copy the files off one by one, and place them in a directory where sleepyhead could find them, but it is far easier to use the software on a day to day basis for as the machine records newer data it becomes necessary to copy that over and the software greatly expedites that function.

Might I ask what computer you are using that it won't work on? I'm presuming Mac?

(11-02-2014, 02:52 AM)Jack_Russell_Fan Wrote: I am the author and owner of the Sleep Master Wireless Sleep Data Transfer program and website. SleepMaster.org is not a DME!

Help yourself to the software, it is free.

Tom

Thanks Tom, very helpful software! And quick answers for help Big Grin

Let's not give any DME's credit for what a fellow CPAPer has done.

(11-02-2014, 04:54 AM)herbm Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 11:31 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok guys, I promised to check this out and get back to all of you, so here it is;
Overall for the $25 it is a nice solution, you don't have to keep taking the card out, putting it back, lock it, unlock, blah blah blah. This is pretty smooth and works great. The price isn't too bad either so overall I'd say it's a win.

Thanks and congrats on figuring this out.

I was about to post and ask for the details but then I saw your machine type: Respironics.

I couldn't get the STUPID Resmed to work with the Flashair driver files/directories present.

Hey Herb there is a format for the ResMed S9 machines, just select it when you use the software it will prevent those nasty countermeasures from causing you a problem. It lists specific instructions on selecting the S9 and how not to remove it and reinstall it etc. Hope that helps you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jack_Russell_Fan, any change done to a post that is in the double brackets [[ ]] is done automatically by the forum software, not by a moderator. Our changes are always put in color and bold.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 03:47 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Jack_Russell_Fan, any change done to a post that is in the double brackets [[ ]] is done automatically by the forum software, not by a moderator. Our changes are always put in color and bold.

Jack_Russell_Fan-- for clarification-- in that post, the forum software auto-filtered link was not to your sleepmaster website. It was a link to a DME-owned forum site. DME-owned website links are against our rules here. We limit commercial links to maintain our educational legal status. This status allows us to freely and openly distribute copyrighted CPAP Clinician Manuals.

Links to your site, as long as it remains non-commercial or non-profit in nature are perfectly fine here.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 01:03 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 12:28 AM)JJJ Wrote: ... what if sleepmapper won't run on your computer? It only has to be used once at the beginning to set things up, right? Can the things it does be done manually?
You could manually copy the files off one by one, and place them in a directory where sleepyhead could find them, but it is far easier to use the software on a day to day basis for as the machine records newer data it becomes necessary to copy that over and the software greatly expedites that function.
Might I ask what computer you are using that it won't work on? I'm presuming Mac?

All my computers use Linux. I have licenses for Windows 2000 and XP, and have them installed in virtual machines, but my understanding is that SleepMapper requires Windows 7 or 8. Even if it would run in 2000 or XP getting a virtual machine to communicate with the wireless network on the host OS is a likely source of pain.

Once I see exactly what SleepMapper does I can probably duplicate its functions with a bash script and set up a cron job to run it once a day automatically. And if I succeed I can make the script available to other Linux users as well. The easy way to see what it does is to look at the code, but Jack_Russell_Fan hasn't made the source available.

I guess I'll order the FlashAir card and see what happens for myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 08:15 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 01:03 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 12:28 AM)JJJ Wrote: ... what if sleepmapper won't run on your computer? It only has to be used once at the beginning to set things up, right? Can the things it does be done manually?

All my computers use Linux. I have licenses for Windows 2000 and XP, and have them installed in virtual machines, but my understanding is that SleepMapper requires Windows 7 or 8. Even if it would run in 2000 or XP getting a virtual machine to communicate with the wireless network on the host OS is a likely source of pain.

Once I see exactly what SleepMapper does I can probably duplicate its functions with a bash script and set up a cron job to run it once a day automatically. And if I succeed I can make the script available to other Linux users as well. The easy way to see what it does is to look at the code, but Jack_Russell_Fan hasn't made the source available.

I guess I'll order the FlashAir card and see what happens for myself.

Gotcha, there is a Flashair App for Android that allows copying as well, might help you gain some source code.

You know you might email him directly (his email is on his site), he was very nice and I have messaged him directly, I doubt he would have any issue sharing and helping others as that is what he is doing. Just a thought.

Also to Paula02 and SS, I think there is a slight misunderstanding, Jack Russell doesn't seem to have an issue with the link, I think the issue here is the person above him posted where to find the software, and the board software auto deleted the link citing no dme links, and Jack was just trying to let people know he wrote the software not a dme. I think there may be some confusion, unless it is on my part..... Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 04:54 AM)herbm Wrote: I couldn't get the STUPID Resmed to work with the Flashair driver files/directories present.

(11-02-2014, 01:03 PM)Galactus Wrote: Hey Herb there is a format for the ResMed S9 machines, just select it when you use the software it will prevent those nasty countermeasures from causing you a problem. It lists specific instructions on selecting the S9 and how not to remove it and reinstall it etc. Hope that helps you.

My immediate thought was the Windows 8.1 issue and how the S9 really resents anything else futzing with its SDCard. So I very much appreciate all the work the software author did in creating this product and making it workable for the S9.

And, as much as it pains me to do so: Thanks Galactus for getting this all together.

I just ordered one of the cards suggested, and downloaded the software.

One thing about the software: If your windows 8.1 comes up with a screen telling you how it is keeping you safe by not installing this program, you have to click on "more info" and tell it to run the darn thing anyway. It'll complain again, but it'll do it.

One more thing about that: Wait until you get your card to run the software as it needs it to be poked into your machine.

And yet more thing about that: The downloaded software had a really goofy name that I would not ever ever be able to remember again. So I renamed it "Sleepmaster.zip". Odds are pretty good I'll be able to remember that name in the future.

Oh, and one more thing: ............. yeah, well, I can't really think of one more thing.

Post Reply Post Reply
RG, just make sure you get the right card, the new one's and don't overpay. I'm actually thinking of getting a few more of these cards for our game cameras and the digitals they were amazingly with pictures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 941 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,961 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
Angry [News] ELON MUSK TAKES CRAP FOR DELIVERING BI-PAPS srlevine1 2 986 04-16-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: sleepyp
  Please help me find an SDHC card reader that will work on Resmed cards EnsignRo 8 1,614 01-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Helpful info re Toshiba Flashair Keljian 6 1,641 03-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Is SDHC suitable for REMSTAR System One DS56? asdftalk 6 1,450 08-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: asdftalk
  [CPAP] FlashAir III w/ PR System 1 A-Flex markn62 11 2,597 07-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: markn62

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.