Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SEROUSLY??? DME guy says I should have 0 apneas?
Scary someone in the business of selling the products are so ignorant. I hope you set him straight. He needs some educating to be a reliable provider. I have never had a 0 AHI since beginning therapy (November 2013). I average in the 2-3 range and only a couple times over 5 since I began therapy. I'm not concerned with that. Not unless it becomes a regular occurrence.
Post Reply Post Reply
From my experience DME or Vendor employees are sales people. They give you the impression they have some sort of special training or are nurses but most are hired (purposefully) with no knowledge of Cpap so they can be told only what sells machines and makes money. This kind of hiring process works for many technical fields as they are too ignorant to know they are lying or giving misinformation so they can give you wrong information thinking it's their job and they won't listen to anything else.

Anyway, listen to your doctor and don't take DME people at their word and research any claims they make on message boards like this Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
It is my opinion that with many DMEs even the respiratory therapists working for them are so busy with other types of respiratory problems that they do not become familiar with CPAP. Although I talked to an RT supervisor who claimed to be a CPAP user that gave me a load of crap. I thought that he was knowledgeable but apparently not very straightforward. The DME that I have now is a smaller company and only has one RT (at least only one that deals with CPAP). He seems quite knowledgeable and I think did a good job of helping me to select a mask and select the best size.

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping ronstar77 55 1,631 07-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: ronstar77
  Weight Loss = Fewer Or No Apneas? harmon k 14 566 06-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: C0mbe
  Central Apneas while awake and at night Lkng67 8 700 05-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Last Post: xxyzx
  post-arousal apneas Leemax 3 426 04-17-2017, 02:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  High central apneas? 3mp0w3r 1 395 03-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  First night on autopap (central apneas) JohnnyGobbs 74 3,328 03-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: JohnnyGobbs
  [Pressure] Hypoxic- No Apneas- Pressure Too High? beardog 13 1,148 11-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike