Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SEROUSLY??? DME guy says I should have 0 apneas?
SEROUSLY??? DME guy says I should have 0 apneas?
I am beginning to wonder about my DME tech. I called them today about getting the P10 mask and was happy that they actually had one in stock and brought it over. First Oh my gosh, this thing is so light, I am excited to try it out tonight.

I told him I was a bit concerned about leaks and said that I have had an AHI of 0.7 and the highest was 1.0. He said how many events as he looked at my computer with the sleepy time software open. I will have maybe 2 events, the most in the last month was 5. He said I should have none, and my pressure might need to be adjusted up???? Is he right? I don't think people can always have none, no matter what, or am I missing something?

Will holding your breath when turning over or messing about with pillows cause an "event"? I do that a lot and I am trying to work on it. Right now I blame it on trying to get out of bed with one arm to support myself due to having the pacemaker put in a week ago. I am sleeping very well all things considered.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SEROUSLY??? DME guy says I should have 0 apneas?
You're right. He's wrong. Period.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2014, 01:58 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote: He said I should have none, and my pressure might need to be adjusted up???? Is he right?
He is clueless. AHI 5 (5 events per hour) is normal on PAP (not 5 events all night)
On days might get zero AHI but actually its meaningless if leaks too high or/and sleep is lousy.
Adjusting pressure might causes more problems than trying to fix, (central apnea, discomfort and leaks among other things) and why fix something that does not need fixing

Post Reply Post Reply
He's crazy. Even people without the diagnosis of sleep apnea still have apnea events.

That's like saying non-diabetics have perfect blood glucose readings.

Or people without migraines never get headaches.

He's crazy. His alien implant needs adjusting. I'll let them know.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2014, 02:42 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: He's crazy. Even people without the diagnosis of sleep apnea still have apnea events.

That's like saying non-diabetics have perfect blood glucose readings.

Or people without migraines never get headaches.

He's crazy. His alien implant needs adjusting. I'll let them know.

Dielaughing Live Long and Prosper!!!! I thought as well, what is he nuts? I am not changing anything, it's not broken like you said. I am happy with my AHI, it will be interesting how I do with this new mask. Hopefully this one will work out really well, it sure is lightweight.

Post Reply Post Reply
See if he has a modified Delorean with a flux capacitor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
He's IGNORANT.

5 is officially treated or normal.

Anything up to 2 is not worth considering except to "play the 0 game".

Likely if you look at your actual events, some of them probably aren't real, some are when you are falling asleep or waking up, and the others are probably pretty short.

Without long events or clusters of events close together you aren't likely to desaturate or even have your sleep disturbed.

Now if you regularly slept 8.5 hours and had 6 events (that's about 0.7) in a few minutes close together during the middle of the night, THAT MIGHT be interesting or worth discussing with the doc.

Hope you enjoy the Airfit P10.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
That's crazy. Holding your breath for 10 seconds before going to bed could register as an apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I ever have a 0.0 AHI night, I'd be very suspicious of the data being accurate. Under 5.0 is the goal, and your AHI numbers are great! I wouldn't change a thing if I were you. My AHI is ranging between 1.5 and 3.0 and I'm not changing a thing either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I agree, I think the guy has gone off his trolly. Interestingly he also did not know you could look at your own data using software. I used the P10 mask for the first time last night and my AHI was 0.3, in both ResMed and Sleepy Time software, my leaks were good, it looks like, so I believe that my magic number is 8, INSTEAD of the 17 that the sleep study said I needed. My AHI was 10.8 with that setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,282 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.