Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SEROUSLY??? DME guy says I should have 0 apneas?
RE: SEROUSLY??? DME guy says I should have 0 apneas?
Scary someone in the business of selling the products are so ignorant. I hope you set him straight. He needs some educating to be a reliable provider. I have never had a 0 AHI since beginning therapy (November 2013). I average in the 2-3 range and only a couple times over 5 since I began therapy. I'm not concerned with that. Not unless it becomes a regular occurrence.
Post Reply Post Reply
From my experience DME or Vendor employees are sales people. They give you the impression they have some sort of special training or are nurses but most are hired (purposefully) with no knowledge of Cpap so they can be told only what sells machines and makes money. This kind of hiring process works for many technical fields as they are too ignorant to know they are lying or giving misinformation so they can give you wrong information thinking it's their job and they won't listen to anything else.

Anyway, listen to your doctor and don't take DME people at their word and research any claims they make on message boards like this Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
It is my opinion that with many DMEs even the respiratory therapists working for them are so busy with other types of respiratory problems that they do not become familiar with CPAP. Although I talked to an RT supervisor who claimed to be a CPAP user that gave me a load of crap. I thought that he was knowledgeable but apparently not very straightforward. The DME that I have now is a smaller company and only has one RT (at least only one that deals with CPAP). He seems quite knowledgeable and I think did a good job of helping me to select a mask and select the best size.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,282 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.