SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read.
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Sad SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read.
~ ANNOUNCEMENT ~

We lost about a day's worth of posts due to a stupid error that I made.

This was due to an accidental deletion of our forum's web hosting files (my fault). Our hosting provider has restored the forums using a backup that was made on July 4th at about 4:16 pm central time.

Unfortunately all posts made between 4:16 pm July 4th through 6:00 pm July 5th (U.S. Central Time) were lost.

Note to new members who registered between July 4th at 4:16 PM and July 5th at 6 PM: Try to log in using your username and password... if this does not work, you may have to re-register.

This only affected the forums, not the main website or the Apnea Board Wiki.

I apologize for this stupid mess-up. I wish we could recover the lost posts for this one-day period, but it's impossible.

At least we only lost one day's worth of posts. Apology-2

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-05-2012 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

RE: << ALERT >> SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read.
Looks like a handful of threads were lost from previous days also... I did a file check and some threads are still missing, even ones from week ago... not sure why this happened... but it only affected 7 threads in the Off-topic forum and 2 in the Main Forum that were made roughly in the same time period. I'll work on restoring those threads if I can find them from a backup I made two days ago.

If anyone has any issues with the forum software, please let me know.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-05-2012 07:44 PM
BabyDoc Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with Climateline Tubing
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 -16.0 CM
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

ouch! I posted at least 12 posts today. What a shame.
07-05-2012 08:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(07-05-2012 08:27 PM)BabyDoc Wrote:  ouch! I posted at least 12 posts today. What a shame.

Yeah, I read some of them... good stuff.

So sorry about this. Amazing the trouble caused by mistakenly clicking on one button... I've got to see if there's some sort of server software that won't permanently delete files like this... sort of a trash bin or recycle bin for the server files, where I can quickly restore deleted files if need be.

Again, my sincerest apologies for this rotten ordeal.

Crying-into-tissue

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-05-2012 08:34 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

No bigs. Yeah, some stuff were lost but it's a drop in the bucket compared to all the good this forum does.

You do good work, SS. I admire you for that. Consider this event to be your Persian flaw.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

07-05-2012 09:31 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Just to give a bit of background on what started this mess...

Our old hosting provider was just plain lousy- both at server administration and customer service and support. Their company name started with "Direct" and ended with "NIC".

What started this is that I got an email from the old server hosting people, telling me that my storage space was over the limit and that I needed to delete my files, otherwise face an extra charge for more storage space. At first I didn't understand this, since we were never that close to the limit when we left, but I figured, okay, no big deal, I'll delete the old server files to make more space just to make them happy.

So, I FTP'd into (what I thought) was the old server. I deleted the entire forums folder and all the files within it to make more space. Thing is, after all this was done, I couldn't access the forum website.... uh oh... Blink

I then figured out that the FTP software I was using had the new server log-in info in it, not the old server info. (I was using another file manager program lately and hadn't remembered that I changed the login info already to the new server). SO, I really had deleted all our forum files on the new server. ARGH!!! Perturbed

It was then that I found out that there is no way to restore deleted files easily within my cPanel program for our current hosting provider. (no simple recycle bin type thing for the server files).

So, I had to restore from a complete backup that was done yesterday afternoon by our hosting provider. Thank God they were on the ball and got the restoration done within 2 hours.

Then today, I got a note from our old hosting provider stating that the entire hard drive crashed on our old server and they would have to restore a backup. (thank goodness we got off that hosting service - they were lousy... and I saw this kind of hardware crash coming a mile away (back in May when we switched hosting providers). That old company had lousy everything, including hardware apparently.

Well, all said, losing one day's worth of data is a bad thing indeed... but it could have been much worse.

Thanks for listening. Coffee

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-05-2012 09:45 PM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Come on Mr. S. its no good kicking yourself. So, a few posts were lost. In the scheme of things its no big deal, Im sure the users who lost there posts can re-write them if they were important. Im amazed you havent done something like this earlier with the amount of work you take on.

Are you sure it wasnt paula trying to delete my spelling mistakes Too-funny Your still a diamond geezer Bigwink
07-06-2012 12:33 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

(07-06-2012 12:33 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote:  Come on Mr. S., its it's no good kicking yourself. So, a few posts were lost. In the scheme of things its it's no big deal, Im I'm sure the users who lost there posts can re-write them if they were important. Im I'm amazed you havent haven't done something like this earlier with the amount of work you take on.

Are you sure it wasnt wasn't paula She Who Has Hammer trying to delete my spelling mistakes? Too-funny Your You're still a diamond geezer Bigwink

There. Fixed it for you.

Laugh-a-lotEat-popcorn

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-06-2012 02:37 AM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Your so cruel Crying-into-tissueCrying-into-tissueCrying-into-tissue

your
   [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA

pronoun
(a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.

one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.

(used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its
   [its] Show IPA

pronoun
the possessive form of it (used as an attributive adjective): The book has lost its jacket. I'm sorry about its being so late.

Do I need to go on, Taken from the oxford dictionary. Must be an american thing Too-funny
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 03:09 AM by Dreamcatcher.)
07-06-2012 03:03 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Yeah....sure....if that's what you want to believe...

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-06-2012 03:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Barber gives free haircuts to kid who read to him GrammaBear 3 258 08-27-2016 02:30 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Anyone know of a similar forum for hearing issues? stanleydean 8 990 10-09-2015 02:37 PM
Last Post: quip
  Finally a solution to a WIN7 issue justMongo 0 472 01-17-2015 06:23 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Thumbsup New to this forum and new CPAP/APAP user ThatOtherGuy 1 906 12-03-2013 07:35 PM
Last Post: Tez62
  I Lost ten Pounds Schnauzers 5 13 3,921 01-14-2013 11:56 PM
Last Post: Schnauzers 5
  I am Back (Moved to Off-Topic Forum) Schnauzers 5 1 1,203 11-16-2012 12:32 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb? Cutter 12 4,454 11-06-2012 06:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper