Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read.
Stuff happens SS!! Don't sweat it.

Was the server issue related in any way to a lack of caffeinated beverages???? Thinking-about

[Image: coffeeiv.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been in the computer field for 30 years. If I told you some of the stuff I have done by accident you would wonder how I lasted 30 years! No worries! You correct the situation as best you can and you move on. As I like to put it, "Nobody died and nobody went to jail...it was a good day" Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2012, 12:33 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Come on Mr. S. its no good kicking yourself. So, a few posts were lost. In the scheme of things its no big deal, Im sure the users who lost there posts can re-write them if they were important. Im amazed you havent done something like this earlier with the amount of work you take on.

Are you sure it wasnt paula trying to delete my spelling mistakes Too-funny Your still a diamond geezer Bigwink

I guess it's no big deal if a few posts were lost, unless they were your posts and you spent 3 hours writing them on your day off. I can't so easily repost them, since along with no back up for my time, I don't have back up copies of the posts, either.

Nevertheless the time I spent yesterday writing posts was nothing compared to the time Mr. S spends EVERY day running this website. Along with everybody else, I do appreciate all of his work. Mistakes do happen. I can't imagine his panic when he discovered the website was "gone". I am sure my pain was nothing compared to his. Any amount of crying about spilled milk will not put the milk back in the glass. When I get some more time, I'll try to repost what I can.

Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for your understanding everyone. I'm trying to find some sort of add-on that will prevent this from happening in the future... a sorta of recycle bin of sorts for the file manager I use within cPanel.

In any case, I will be EXTREMELY careful when deleting anything around here. Shy

And yes, cbramsey... it could be due to the lack of caffeine lately... it's been so hot that I haven't had a cup of coffee for nearly a week now. Cool

Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2012, 09:45 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: <<...>>
Then today, I got a note from our old hosting provider stating that the entire hard drive crashed on our old server and they would have to restore a backup. <<...>>

Any hosting provider that doesn't use a RAID array or mirrored drives (at a minimum) sure doesn't deserve our business, or anyone else's! When we replaced our desktops at work last year, I ordered all the new ones with mirrored hard disks, even though nobody is supposed to be storing anything important on them -- anything important should be on the network drives, where it gets archived, backed up, etc. But drives are so cheap, and having one die on you is such a PIA, that I believe that redundant hard disks are the way to go for ANY system - not just servers. The question with hard drives isn't if they will crash, but only when they will.

Of course, if you are dealing with a laptop, that's easier said than done. But I still think it's a good idea . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Can someone please explain to Paula that the English invented the language not the americans and can someone also tell her to stop beating me with a hammer Nonosign Too-funny Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-06-2012, 01:36 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Can someone please explain to Paula that the English invented the language not the americans

English invented the language.... Americans have perfected it. Bigwink
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Languages of the United States
The United States does not have a national official language; nevertheless, English (specifically American English) is the primary language used for legislation, regulations, executive orders, treaties, federal court rulings, and all other official pronouncements; although there are laws requiring documents such as ballots to be printed in multiple languages when there are large numbers of non-English speakers in an area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_o...ted_States
........................................................................................................

SS: Good-work

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2012, 07:35 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
~ ANNOUNCEMENT ~

We lost about a day's worth of posts due to a stupid error that I made.

This was due to an accidental deletion of our forum's web hosting files (my fault). Our hosting provider has restored the forums using a backup that was made on July 4th at about 4:16 pm central time.

At least we only lost one day's worth of posts. Apology-2

Oh, I know how easy this is to do...btdt myself. I had a store (scrapbooking) and went in to delete a designer who was no longer associated with the store...but what I did NOT know was that deleting her would delete ALL my files.

Thankfully I had it set up at that time to make weekly FULL backups and it was the day after I had made one..my hosting provider loaded the files for me but I was missing a couple of people...had to contact them to have them set their stuff back up.

It can happen...and as you see, it can EASILY happen. Thankfully your backup was there...

And it sounds like it was fortunate that you also moved to your new server.

Liz

Post Reply Post Reply

Liz...

I hear you have a foot massage coming tonight... talk to your husband about it....

(I asked him to give you a foot massage in exchange for some information about our DNS settings...)

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to get to 4 posts CardiacCrusher 1 107 06-07-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 239 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  all posts/threads at [other forum] are symbols Ticman1 3 186 05-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Barber gives free haircuts to kid who read to him GrammaBear 3 436 08-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Anyone know of a similar forum for hearing issues? stanleydean 8 1,291 10-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Last Post: quip
  Finally a solution to a WIN7 issue justMongo 0 556 01-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Thumbsup New to this forum and new CPAP/APAP user ThatOtherGuy 1 1,097 12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Tez62