Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH 1 won't see SH .9 data
RE: SH 1 won't see SH .9 data
Oy. That's going to take time. Since it goes back to '12.

I'll give it a whirl with '17 and see what happens. Can't get worse, right?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
No. Didn't work. Summary data only it says. And all the AHIs are, like, .16 or less. I wish!

That's what I get for reading and following instructions. The 1.0 said to uninstall the other one first. Never should have done that. Now I've lost all those years of data.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I waiting for that ah-Ha! moment. We're missing something. Now I'm confused. Was this backup data stored by SH 0.9 or 1.0? Which SH version are you trying to use?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHA!! <---there it is

After continually checking the logs, it finally flagged it. My firewall (Bitdefender) was blocking both from making changes to the directory in documents. I approved every instance of SH I could find and tried again. After each failed attempt, I checked the logs but nothing was ever there. FINALLY it appeared. That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've had it not give notice as soon as it happens, but later.

I am first trying to get .9 to see the old data.
I created a folder on the desktop (Resmed S9)
created a folder inside that called DATALOG
Went to the backup I had done before installing SH 1.
I went into each year and copied the files over to that DATALOG folder
Then I had SH .9 import from that desktop folder, not an SD card.
And it worked. It is all there.

Now that it is working, I may try to see if 1.0 can see it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, from Nov 15 '12 to Mar 8 '18, I generated 10,232 files at 4.97GB.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
And SH 1 sees it all, too! Cool.

Thanks for the help!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
YEA!!!!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, I'd like to edit the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead with some of your experience. Can you please describe exactly what steps finally worked to let Sleepyhead see your data folder, and any tips you recommend for avoiding problem or troubleshooting anti-virus issues?

Thanks!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
This is the second time Bit Defender has been the root of access problems that I've seen.  The other was access denial to shared client folders in Quickbooks.  It also took several denied attempts before it showed up in the Event Viewer in that case as well.   I think I'm going to put this at the top of the checklist when someone reports problems with their software.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious why not use Windows Defender Antivirus which is built into current Windows products and seems to work well with less overhead than many other products you pay for?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,259 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 953 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Oscar Error there is no data to graph summary data only u4ea 2 1,442 02-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: u4ea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.