Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH 1 won't see SH .9 data
RE: SH 1 won't see SH .9 data
Windows Bit Defender Antivirus, while free, reminds me a lot like Norton Antivirus. They both seem to start out playing nice but overtime start flagging everything as a threat.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2018, 09:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Paula, I'd like to edit the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead with some of your experience.  Can you please describe exactly what steps finally worked to let Sleepyhead see your data folder, and any tips you recommend for avoiding problem or troubleshooting anti-virus issues?

Thanks!

The basic issue was getting the programs to see the data in the right layout. Merely pointing them to the Backup SleepyHead creates itself is not enough since it sorts the data by year. I had to create a folder, then put one inside it called DATALOG (all caps like it is on the SD card). Then in there I copied all the data files from all the year folders.

So my back up had 7 folders named 2012 to 2018.
SH file structure is for backing up the data (if it is turned on)
Profiles > Username > Resmed_machine#
Inside the Resmed_machine# folder are Backup, Events, Summaries. I only touched the Backup.
Inside Backup are two folders: DATALOG and STR_Backup. I didn't touch STR folder. But I did copy over the 4 files also in the Backup folder.
Inside DATALOG are the year folders.

I created a folder on my desktop and named it Resmed Data
Inside of it I created DATALOG and copied over those 4 files.
I opened DATALOG.

I went back to the SH backup and opened 2017.
Profiles > Username > Resmed_machine# > Backup > DATALOG > 2017

I copied all those files into the Desktop > Resmed Data > DATALOG folder

I then had SleepyHead import the data from the Resmed Data folder. That's where I pointed it, as if it were the SD card. And it worked.

My advice would be that if SH isn't seeing data after a reinstall, then turn off the firewall's file protection options. Or go into permissions. I like BitDefender but that's twice now it was blocking without reporting it. It has this Notifications section where you can view all the alerts, notices, etc. But it wasn't saying it was blocking the program. Once it finally did, there were 4 or 5 different SleepyHead related entries. I guess from each time I tried to install.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  That will help. I put in a place-holder pointing to this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...sting_Data
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same issue with 1.0.  I could kick myself for uninstalling .9.  1.0 crashes everytime it attempts to read my SD card from my machine, I think because it has way too much data.  I've been using Sleepyhead for a long time and am on my 2nd machine.  Does anyone have the old install for Windows .9 so I can get up and running again?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2019, 10:24 PM)tlctimfl Wrote: I'm having the same issue with 1.0.  I could kick myself for uninstalling .9.  1.0 crashes everytime it attempts to read my SD card from my machine, I think because it has way too much data.  I've been using Sleepyhead for a long time and am on my 2nd machine.  Does anyone have the old install for Windows .9 so I can get up and running again?

The newer version 1.1.0 has a greatly improved upload engine.  Download the version appropriate to your operating system and give it a try: http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./testing/1.1.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
The Wayback Machine on Archive.org only goes back to version 1.0.0-beta-1.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160419161333/http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE .:80/

I myself still have version 1.0.0-beta-2.

For now I'm going with if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,031 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,261 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 955 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Oscar Error there is no data to graph summary data only u4ea 2 1,447 02-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: u4ea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.