Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH Downloaded - Event Flags
SH Downloaded - Event Flags
Finally got SH downloaded successfully a few day ago. Spent a couple of hours reading the wiki on how to use it--but I know I wil have tons of questions. Here are my first two questions:

1) My Events Flags section is blank. This did have something in it when I first downloaded data. I was fooling around with it and now it is blank. How do I restore it?

2) The graphs are easy to interpret in the default times, shown by half hour segments. I am not understanding how to stretch them out into minutes to analyze the length of episodes. I know you can click and drag to reorder but how do you control this function and get back to the original default without shutting down and reloading. I need this info to be able to ask questions!

Thanks for any help forthcoming!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SH Downloaded - Event Flags
1. Try putting the cursor all the way to the left then click and drag the highlighted section all the way to the right in the events row. This highlighting in the events box is how you magnify the other graphs
2. Right/left clicking in the other rows changes the magnification. Clicking at the left side of a graph [just to the left of where the graph begins] produces a popup that has some options, one of them is something like magnify to 100%.
I'm still learning this stuff also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Will try this out when I can find a minute..or an hour!

Later: tried these suggestions--didn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the long response. I hope you can read through it all. Smile

(10-30-2015, 02:36 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: 1) My Events Flags section is blank. This did have something in it when I first downloaded data. I was fooling around with it and now it is blank. How do I restore it?

2) The graphs are easy to interpret in the default times, shown by half hour segments. I am not understanding how to stretch them out into minutes to analyze the length of episodes. I know you can click and drag to reorder but how do you control this function and get back to the original default without shutting down and reloading. I need this info to be able to ask questions!

I'll answer #2 first.
There are two ways.
1. You can left click a starting time period and drag your mouse to the right and stop at the end period you wish to view.

In the picture below I clicked on 10pm and dragged my mouse to the right to stop at 10:30pm.
[Image: SH-Rightclick_drag-time.JPG]

2. You can left-click on any graph and it will start to zoom in. Keep left clicking and it will continue reducing the time interval. Noticed on the Event Flags graph on either side of where you clicked is now shaded. The brighter area is the time period you are looking at in the graphs under the Event Flags graph.

Tip: Once you are zoomed in, using the left or right arrow keys on your keyboard will scroll the area which you are looking.

To zoom out: right click on a graph (for example the Events Flags) to start zooming out. Keep right-clicking until it is zooms out 100%. Another way is what jonde was saying, on the graph name on the left side of the graph, circled in the Event Flags picture below, right-click and choose 100% zoom level.

----------------

For question #1
It would help if you can post a picture of it. In SleepyHead, press these sequence of keys: F11, F12, F11 to make a screenshot. SH will place screenshots in your Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Screenshots folder. You can either attach them to your message or upload them to a picture site and link it (recommended).

Info on the F keys: F11 will toggle Sleepyhead fullscreen. F12 to take a snapshot. F11 to return the window to normal.

See this link for assistance on attachments: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

A caution on pictures: check the picture for any personal information before you upload it and show it here. For example, in SleeyHead on the Statistics tab your name and date of birth appears in the upper left. Assuming you filled that in when you set up SleeyHead.

The six reasons I can think of that explains why the events are missing: you toggled events off on the graphs page, you have no events to display, the event flags were toggled off in preferences, the data is corrupt, the data was purged, you may need to rebuild your data.
  • You toggled events off on the graphs
If your Events Flags graph looks like this:
[Image: SH-blank-events.JPG]
Check the bottom of the graphs area for the word Flags. It has an arrow to the left of it.
If the arrow is pointing up - [Image: SH-flags-off.JPG] the Events are toggled off.
To turn them back on, just click the words Flags. The arrow should now be pointing down. [Image: SH-flags-on.JPG]
[Image: SH-show-events.JPG]

• If no events to display - Congrats
  • Event flags were toggled off in preferences.
If your Event Flags graph does not show any rows, and they do not appear on the left above the pie chart, as are seen in the pictures below, you may need to reset and enable them.
[Image: sh-event-breakdown.PNG][Image: EventFlags.PNG]

To reset your Events indicators you need to go to the menu and select File > Preferences. Click on the Events tab and click the Reset Defaults button at the bottom left.

[Image: SH-events-preferences.PNG]

• The data is corrupt.
You can purge the data for the current day. On the menu select Data > Advanced > Purge Current Selected Day. Then follow the next instructions under The data was purged.

• The data was purged.
If the data was purged, you can import the data again from the Welcome tab. Click on the CPAP Importer graphic. Another way is from the menu: File > Import Data.

• You need to rebuild your data.
If you need to rebuild your data: On the menu select Data > Rebuild CPAP Data > click on your machine.

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]

If after doing all of that, you still have an issue - delete the SleepyHeadData-Testing folder and start SleepyHead as new again. In doing this, you will wipe out all data but you can re-import that data again into SleepyHead from your SD card.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, Alan! The data was there in Events when I downloaded the first day. I lost it while trying to figure out how to use it. All of your instructions are helpful. I have a report to finish, hopefully before trick-or=treaters come, and I'm hoping to get into SH tonight or tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had toggled the Events off--did as you said and got the info back by clicking on the flags arrow. Have managed to expand the graphs. One more question to help me master the graphs so I can start asking questions: Once I expand the graphs, how do I return them to the default?
Post Reply Post Reply
When you say "expand" the graphs, do you mean "zoom in"? If so you zoom out the same way - left click to zoom in, right click to zoom out, or use <ctrl> and the mouse wheel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I appreciate the help, folks! This non-techie old lady needs lots of guidance!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  manual event logging for oscar capman 2 127 03-07-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 395 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Event type display MarkChap 8 909 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Where do the data flags come from? LookingForACleverHandle 1 496 08-24-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Downloaded OSCAR--Profile Page Empty SideSleeper 5 385 08-19-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
  Event Logging - Pressure at Time of Event esleepie 2 547 05-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Last Post: esleepie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.