Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH [High Leak Rate]
SH [High Leak Rate]
I've had my Resmed Autosense 10 for about 10 days. I've posted a few threads on here. Just about everyone that responds tells me to install Sleepyhead. I guess the screenshots will allow people to help me with problems. I'm trying to send my first screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead
Major problem with leaks,
Check the Mask Primer (link in my signature)
Check your Mask Fit, look up the the manufactures fitting video and watch it, many hints there
Many users tighten the masks too tight and that will cause leaks.

Leaks of this magnitude will hide events and impair the CPAP in responding to them.

Look at how to organize your Sleepyhead data, you did not include the leak chart which would provide insight into what kind of leaks you are having (more so than just big). Flow limits is also missing, mask pressure is not needed, pressure provides the info we need
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, you're on the right track there. It's going to help everyone help you sir. A link to organize your charts is the next step, then repost the newly organized information. Going to get you fixed up!

The link is at the bottom of this post.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks gentlemen. I'm going to try to organize the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead [High Leak Rate]
Agree about the leaks! You didn't receive any useful treatment with those large leaks. Also if you need to meet any compliance requirements you need to be getting more hours on the machine. For example Medicare requires at least 4 hours a night which your short of on this chart.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 10:27 AM)larryslade66 Wrote: Thanks gentlemen. I'm going to try to organize the charts.

larryslade66,
You did a fine job with the organization of your chart.  You just need to add the Leak Rate Graph.

SleepyHead shows you are over the Leak line by 81.91%.  The graphs show high leaks for most of the night.  

Your machine cannot accurately detect Apnea events with that high leak rate.  Your AHI would be suspect.

I have a feeling you are mouth breathing.  Dont-know

Have you tried a Soft Cervical Collar or a Chin Strap?  This would help keep your jaw/mouth from dropping open and allowing air to escape.  If you cannot conquer these leaks, you may need to move to a full face mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 10:04 AM)larryslade66 Wrote: I've had my Resmed Autosense 10 for about 10 days. I've posted a few threads on here. Just about everyone that responds tells me to install Sleepyhead. I guess the screenshots will allow people to help me with problems. I'm trying to send my first screenshot

Did you ever go into the settings, and actually set the clock to your local time? If you didn't do that as the very first thing, you need to do so now.

I made that mistake myself the first night. Figured it out quickly after looking at the Sleepyhead chart.

My wife used to have leaks that bad when she was on a Quattro full face mask. Never could get it to seal, so I put her on a Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask. She barely has any leaks now.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first attempt at giving you the charts you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend a soft cervical collar or a chinstrap. If those don't work you might actually want to think about a full facemask.

Also from what little I can see I'd raise the minimum pressure up to at least 7cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just watch a video for my pillow mask and I haven't been putting the back of the head strap low enough. Also, I was told not to reset the mask pressure myself. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 6 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 238 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 116 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.