Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH Oximetry wizard can't read SpO2 file
SH Oximetry wizard can't read SpO2 file
When I attempt to read the file (.SpO2 file) saved by my CMS-50F, I get the error in Sleepyhead Oximetry wizard "No oximetery module could parse the given file"  I can upload directly from the unit, and SpO2Review can read the file OK. Is there a reason SH can not read it?
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SH Oximetry wizard can't read SpO2 file
there is a dropdown on the sleepyhead o2 wizard to select the model you have
also sometimes It doesn't all upload the first time and a need to a second time to get the full night
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have done that. I have tried it several night in a row. Fortunately the SpO2 wizard DOES download directly from the device, even though it won't recognize the file.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I can tell from the code and git logs, oximetry file import functions haven't been looked at in nearly three years. It is highly likely that Contec has changed the format of "Oximetry Files (*.spo *.spor *.spo2 )". You might get additional information if you can turn on the 'debug' output, but it looked pretty sparse.

I am going to working on other projects for a couple or three months, but oximetry import and csv output for SleepyHead are two areas that I am going to be looking at when I can get back to them. The Contec file formats are not documented anywhere, AFAIK, so don't expect miracles.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just revived my old XP laptop and used SpO2 Assistant v3.0 to create an .SpO2 file, then copied it across to my Linux box which has SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta2 on it. I worked through the import code and it seemed to match, so I attempted an import. In spite of the Qt code telling it to be case-insensitive, it did not find the file. I changed the extension to .spo2, tried again, and it succeeded in importing the file.

I'm not sure how Windows and Mac versions of Qt handle the mixed case file names, so you might try changing the file extension to all lower case. I'm assuming your oximeter has firmware version 3.7 or newer, and that you are using version 3.0 of the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried changing it to .spo2, but still did not work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just learned that there seems to be a ownership problem in Windows machines with the .SpO2 files.  When I attempt to import a .SpO2 file from the C:\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V2.7.0\Data location, I receive an error stating: "No Oximetery Module could parse the given file .  .  . "   When I move this file to another location, D:\Backup\Medical\SpO2 Data in my case, SleepyHead will import it without a problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksYES! Copying the file to another directory works.

I knew someone here would figure it out!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,732 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,195 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 136 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.