Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH "Plots Disabled" and ? not saving data from SD.
RE: SH "Plots Disabled" and ? not saving data from SD.
Pupcamper - I couldn't find any data file in the documents folder, by any name. I also tried searching the name "Data=Testing" using the "searchlight" search on my Mac, just in case...but nothing came up. I followed your suggestion and repaired the permissions, but still can't see the waveforms. I would think that that big "Plots Disabled" written in large gray letters in the empty graphs might point directly to a (partial) solution. If you or anyone else can keep trying with this, that would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
Open SleepyHead and click on SleepyHead in the menu bar and click on About SleepyHead. My build is as follows:
  • SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2
  • Build Date: April 21, 2016 11:02:02
  • Revision: cb213cc (master branch)
  • Graphics Engine: Open GL
The data folder location should also be listed. As stated before it is in /users/username/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing. On my Windows laptop the data folder is located in users\username\Documents\Sleepyhead. See the trend here? If the data folder isn't where SleepyHead expects it you will need to find it and point SleepyHead to it by going to File in the menu bar and clicking on Change Data Folder.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's mine:

Build Date: Apr 21 2016 11:02:02
Revision: cb213cc (master branch)
Graphics Engine: OpenGL
Data Folder Location: /Users/Michael/Documents/SleepyHeadData

The dates that now show the 'plots disabled', used to show the plots. The last three or so weeks show the plots. So logically this is not a machine problem but a software problem. While I am not too concerned about no longer being able to see data that is now weeks old I do wonder if this might reoccur.

.....and yes, I'm using a Mac.

I've bought my work laptop home and will try my SD card in that to see what happens.

EDIT: Tried the SD card in my Laptop (Windows 10) and all the plots are showing. So I guess that this is a glitch with the SH software for OSX
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you may be right about it being a SleepyHead problem. Since the OP doesn't appear to have a SleepyHead data folder, I wonder what would happen if he created one in his Documents folder, pointed SleepyHead to it and tried to set up SleepyHead and re-importing his data to it? That would be my next step if it were my machine.

The common thread in the naming of the data folder appears to be it may be different in each installation, but it starts with SleepyHead. The OP may be able to find the data folder, if it does exist somewhere other than where SleepyHead thinks it is, by searching his hard drive for SleepyHead.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
pupcamper - Your comments were a huge help. It made me realize that my data was being pointed back to the SD card itself -- it was pointed to "volume/no name" or something like that, which is what my SD card is called. I confirmed that using the SleepyHead > About SleepyHead, which you suggested. So I went into my Hard Drive > users > username > documents folder and created a folder called SleepyHead Data Folder.  I then poked around a bit and found File > Change Data Folder, and targeted the data to the file that I had just created. I then inserted the SD card and SH prompted me to fill out the basic info fields again (I gave only my first name and clicked through everything else) and then imported the data. And when SleepyHead opened, I could see the graphs. I think this may have solved my problems. I just closed and reopened SH and the data was still there. I do seem to be missing flow data from some days, and I'm not sure why, but my guess is that is a separate issue, which perhaps I'll eventually have to deal with. But for now, I'm really thankful to be where I'm at. So thank you again, very much. If you are willing, please stay subscribed to this threat, so that if I run into any additional sub-problems within this same general problem going forward, I can try to reach you and ask your thoughts. But for now, thank you again.

VisitorX
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m glad you were able to get this problem resolved. I have never had an issue with data missing in SleepyHead, although several people have had that problem.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I had this same issue with the Plots Disabled. I have Windows 10. The way I rectified this issue was to right click on SleepyHead.exe, then click on properties, then click on Compatibility and tick Run this program as an administrator. You will find that the Plots will show up okay.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar not saving some imported data jrich2k7 1 415 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 669 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  A simple fix for OSCAR and Daylight Saving time credibleHulk 1 934 03-13-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.