Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH "Plots Disabled" and ? not saving data from SD.
SH "Plots Disabled" and ? not saving data from SD.
Thank you in advance for your help. 

I can't get SH to work on this machine, even though I've gone through the set up and loaded data from the SD card several times.

Every time I put my SD card in, I have to go through the set up--clicking "I accept," putting in my name, saving, etc. Then I have to (re)load data from the SD card, which takes a while--as if it's the first time.

But even after that, one of several things has happened. (I'm not sure what accounts for the differences between what happens; maybe these differences have to do with whether SH is on already running vs. whether I'm opening SH only after the SD card has mounted on the desktop). Here are things that have happened:

On two occasions, I got a little "disappearing flag" message saying something about my (?) CPAP data "already up to date" (which I take to mean that the data really did get saved previously). Then the program is open but, in my Daily tab, I have no data in my graphs. Instead, each graph has the words "Plots Disabled" written on it in gray letters. However, I do have data in the Statistics and Overview.

On two other occasions, I got a little window asking me where I wanted to point the data. It said something like "if you don't know, just click accept." When I do click that, it reloads the data and eventually opens the SH program, but I still have the "Plots Disabled" written on all the Daily graphs, with no data displayed.

I'd be thankful if someone can help me get straightened out. 

I'm using the following machine, OS, and SH versions:

Mac Air
OS X version 10.10.5
SH v1.0.0-beta-2

Let me add: I had a similar problem on this machine a year or two ago, which was the last time I used this machine (this is my travel machine, and I'm traveling at the moment). I believe I reloaded the SH program several times, and tried loading two different SH versions that people at this forum said to try in order to make it work on a Mac. So, though I'll do what a knowledgeable people suggest, my past experience makes me think this may not be solved by reloading SH again.

Thank you.

Visitor X
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SH "Plots Disabled" and ? not saving data from SD.
Did you check under files - preferences - waveforms and make sure the boxes are checked?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
VisitorX Wrote:Then the program is open but, in my Daily tab, I have no data in my graphs. Instead, each graph has the words "Plots Disabled" written on it in gray letters. However, I do have data in the Statistics and Overview.

Go to File | Preferences | Waveforms and ensure the graphs you wish to see are turned on (ie a tick in each box). Then exit from #SleepyHead and re-start it: your graphs should all be back.
Post Reply Post Reply
This doesn't work.

If you go to File, Preferences is not an option

If you go to 'Sleepyhead' then you can see Preferences but when I go to Waveforms, all the boxes are ticked but prior to 3 weeks ago, there is no data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello DeepBreathing, Walla Walla, and holden4th,

Sorry for my slow reply. I've been on the road and just this morning had time to read your posts.

I checked the "Waveforms" tab (which in my version of SH was in the "SleepyHead" pulldown menu, rather than in the "File" pulldown menu).  All the boxes were already checked. I checked all the other tabs, too, and didn't see anything to check that looked relevant.

I'd be thankful for help on what steps I should try now. Again, though I'll do what is suggested by knowledgeable persons, when I had similar problems a year or two ago, uploading different versions of Sleepyhead (including one for older versions of the operating system than mine) did not help, so I'm inclined to think it won't help now.

Thanks very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know if it works in this situation or on a Mac but did you try the BrokenGL Version?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have no clue about Mac-whatsoever, but:
are you sure, that you have actually write-access to where you want to store your SH-data?

Maybe you really want to change that location to somewhere where you are sure about that you have total write-access (and it stays there!) - like a usb-pen-drive for example. (If you can attach those things to your mac-thingy)
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla & TBMx,

WW: I forgot the name "BrokenGL" but now that you mention it, yes, that was one of the other versions I tried a year or two ago. No luck at that time.

TBMx: It is my own machine, so I imagine I have access to everything. That said, I do wonder if maybe the problem is that my data is not being "pointed" (whatever that means) or stored in the right place.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2017, 03:32 AM)holden4th Wrote: This doesn't work.

If you go to File, Preferences is not an option

If you go to 'Sleepyhead' then you can see Preferences but when I go to Waveforms, all the boxes are ticked but prior to 3 weeks ago, there is no data.

Are you using a real computer or a Mac? Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Open GL on an iMac, including  version 10.10.5, since SleepyHead was updated to work with DreamStation with no problems.

Your data files should be in your Documents folder. The folder name is most likely SleepyHead Data-Testing. To check if you have read/write privileges right click on the folder and select Info on the resulting drop down menu. A popup will appear with the info pertaining to that folder. At the bottom of the popup will be a Sharing & Permissions section (you may have to click on the arrow on the left to open the section. If anything other than read and write is listed to the right of your username you will have to change it by clicking on the section to the right of the username.

I've found that repairing disk permissions can solve a lot of issues with Mac OSX. To do so follow these instructions. Be sure your machine is running on AC instead of battery as this can take a few minutes.

Hope you get your issues resolved.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar not saving some imported data jrich2k7 1 414 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  A simple fix for OSCAR and Daylight Saving time credibleHulk 1 933 03-13-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.