Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH analysis
RE: Sleepyhead analysis
Dyinginmysleep,
I’ve sent you a PM.
Please review the Commercial Links rules.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2019, 02:17 AM)Dyinginmysleep Wrote: ...
As for upgrading to another machine, the place where i got my current machine said toet a Dreamstation, does this have the features i need? Or do i specifically need a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Aircurve 10 Vauto?

What is the best machine, with money not being an issue? I know very little about this, and would greatly appreciate your advice.
Getting back to this question, if money is not a concern the Aircurve 10 Vauto is the best and most flexible with full bilevel capability as well as adjustment to fine-tune inspiration time an sensitivity of trigger and cycle. This is not covered by imost insurance until you fail to tolerate CPAP, so if money and coverage is a concern, then the Airsense 10 Autoset is a great machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll backup Sleeprider here.  You are not the normal case and because of that and the fact that PR Dreamstations react differently than ResMed you will be much better off with the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had my visit today with my sleep doctor, i took the advice given to me here and after explaining everything to him he strongly advised against the Aircurve 10 Vauto and recommended i go with the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

I asked to have another sleep study done to get to the bottom of whats happening, but being in Canada our health care system mirrors that of a third world country and i can't get another one done for another year or so.

I think for now i will get the Airsense 10 Autoset and see where that goes, along with an oximeter and keep an eye on whats happening.

As for upping the pressure from 7 to 9 he said that recommendation was bang on and was curious where i was getting advice from Wink

I haven't experienced any more episodes except one time since my last post, which was a lot more minor compared to the previous ones. After checking out sleepyhead, at the moment i woke up i had experienced an obstructive apnea.

Any recommendations to any of the settings on the new machine? Or is everything pretty much auto on this one?

Thank you everyone for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my AirSense 10 Auto in the mail today and trying to set it up.

Mode AutoSet or Cpap?

Should I leave the min/ max pressure at 4/20 or change it to something else? I had it on my other machine at 9.

For the EPR, I assume that's the pressure relief do I turn it on Full time? Level 1, 2 or 3?

Oximeter is still in the mail...

Thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
The nutshell version.
Min 6
Max 20
EPR 2 FullTime
Ramp Off
Essentials Plus

Post your Sleepyhead chart results after your first night and expect adjustments. See my signature for organization, it does make a difference.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck for a great night
Post Reply Post Reply
First couple of nights i didnt get much sleep thanks to my kids, buy heres a screen cap from last night/ this morning.

I find it a lot easier to breathe with this machine, and haven't experienced waking up feeling like ive been thrown off a bridge so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should I leave the settings as they are or change anything?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 228 Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 647 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 591 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,925 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 196 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 282 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 185 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.