Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH compatibility w/ Resperonics Dreamstation
SH compatibility w/ Resperonics Dreamstation
I am currently using Sleepyhead with a Resmed S-9.  I am due for a new machine and my sleep doctor has recommended that I get a Phillips Resperonics Dreamstation.  Is this machine compatible with Sleepyhead V1.0.0-Beta-2 ???

Thanks,

Tinkicker
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead compatibility w/ Resperonics Dreamstation
I don't know.
But, I suspect you could find out by using the search function for this forum.
(upper right corner, next to help)
I just searched using "Dreamstation Sleepyhead" and found a number of posts.

Also, what model of Dreamstation do you have. Per SleepRider, the one with a model 200 in it is the CPAP Plus, the 400 is the CPAP Pro and the 500 is the auto CPAP.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2017, 09:38 PM)tinkicker Wrote: I am currently using Sleepyhead with a Resmed S-9.  I am due for a new machine and my sleep doctor has recommended that I get a Phillips Resperonics Dreamstation.  Is this machine compatible with Sleepyhead V1.0.0-Beta-2 ???

Thanks,

Tinkicker

Yes, #SleepyHead is compatible with the DreamStation.  Just be sure you are given a Pro model or Autoset.  The basic DreamStation Cpap will not give you any useful data.

And Welcome to the forum!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tinticker. The basic Dreamstation CPAP model DSX200H11 does not produce data. If this machine is offered, you should decline it and request the Pro (DSX400H11) or Auto (DSXX500H11), both of which have full data and more comfort and automatic functions. Your insurance cost will not change. Some models end with T11, and that indicates a heated hose. Model numbers higher than 500, are BiPAP machines.

Best bet is to call your supplier before you go in to pick up the machine and ask them to specify which machine they are going to dispense. If it is the basic CPAP model 200, you should indicate you are not satisfied with that choice, and cancel the appointment. This will usually get you the upgraded machine from that supplier, or you can choose an alternate DME that in in-network for your insurance.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will Oscar and/or Sleepyhead work with Respironics DreamStation Auto BiPAP (DSX700H11C) card data?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR will, currently in our testing-4 version (non-public release)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2019, 03:32 PM)cjsuccessteam Wrote: Will Oscar and/or Sleepyhead work with Respironics DreamStation Auto BiPAP (DSX700H11C) card data?

OSCAR is compatible with the Dreamstation Auto BiPAP.  Enjoy!  https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. It is compatible.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2019, 01:44 AM)Ilija Wrote: Yes. It is compatible.

Just a note:

Go with OSCAR, not SleepyHead.  SleepyHead is already out-dated and is no longer being supported.

OSCAR already has many improvements and bug fixes over SleepyHead that you're going to want, and the next version will be even better.

Sorry, just wanted to give my pro-OSCAR opinion there.   Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 11 Autoset Compatibility with OSCAR crazednut 6 3,934 02-05-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: BelgianWaffle
  Philips Dreamstation 2 compatibility ameneses54 2 829 01-26-2022, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read xxxxqwe 20 1,873 05-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Question Compatibility of OSCAR data between Linux and Windows Sn00zeAlarm 1 785 04-15-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead Compatibility with Mac High Sierra ronsch00 13 2,755 12-24-2018, 03:45 AM
Last Post: biyahero
Angry ResScan compatibility - am I out of luck? odysseus654 4 1,683 04-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.