Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH for ASV, and other questions
SH for ASV, and other questions
I have been away from this forum for over a year. I am now returning in the hopes of better treating my complex / mixed apnea. As part of trying to get up to speed (again), I have a number of questions related to software. I am sure that some (or perhaps all) of these have been addressed elsewhere, but I doubt I'll be able to find the information easily. I'm hoping some knowledgeable members can respond to my questions or point me to old posts that address them.  I will try to break my questions into discrete and readily answerable chunks. Many thanks.

Background: I have mixed/ complex sleep apnea, which is currently not being adequately treated. I am currently using a Respironics DreamStation, but I likely will switch to a Resmed S10 so that I can then purchase and use Resmed's integrated pulse-oximeter (or equivalent parts purchased on-line) and then display the oxygen saturation data in a manner coordinated with my waveforms. I hope to soon try an ASV machine and, depending on the outcome, I may make a permanent switch to ASV, again likely using Resmed so that I can benefit from the integrated Resmed pulse oximetry system.

Questions:

1. Is SleepyHead compatible with ASV machines, and does it have specific charts or other functionalities that are relevant to ASVs? As mentioned, I'm especially interested as pertains to Resmed ASVs (though I also welcome any comments relevant to Respironics ASVs, on the odd chance I end up with that brand instead).

2) If I use the oximeter with a Resmed ASV, will SleepyHead display that data oxygen data appropriately? (My understanding is that with the S10, the oxygen data will record automatically on the Resmed SD card and then display automatically on SleepyHead. I want to find out if the same happens with a Resmed ASV.)

3)  I currently have Sleepyhead version 1.0.0 beta 2. I am trying to decide whether to continue using this version or to try to switch to version 1.1.0. I welcome any advice. Also, does this advice depend on whether I do in fact switch to an ASV?  Finally, is version 1.1.0 free, or is Mark charging for that now?

4) Given that I am going to be switching to a Resmed S10, and may yet end up with a Resmed ASV, I wonder whether I should be trying Rescan. Is SleepyHead still superior to Rescan?--and if it is, does that superiority apply to data from both the S10 and the ASV machine?

Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead for ASV, and other questions
Sleepyhead and soon to be released OSCAR works great with the Resmed ASV machines and the expensive Resmed Oxymeter, but there are cheaper options like the CMS50i and CMS50f oxymeters but does require an extra import step.

Both Sleepyhead and OSCAR are much better than Resscan
Post Reply Post Reply
Jaswilliams - thank you. You have addressed my questions 1, 2, and 4. If someone can answer my question 3 (which has several sub-questions), that would be great. Also - what is OSCAR? Who makes it, when will it be available, and how does it compare to SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a few threads on the main forum about OSCAR.
Here is one of them. OSCAR-Open-Source-CPAP-Analysis-Reporter
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, Fred. I just read a few of the posts on OSCAR in the thread that you linked to, and I'll read more soon. I see you are much involved with OSCAR. Speaking as a relative outside, at least recently, I'll presume to add my thanks to those of others: Thank you. I look forward to benefitting. And as long as I have you, I'll just ask if you could confirm that OSCAR is readily compatible with ASV machines and (when using the Resmed ASV) with the integrated pulse oximeter that can be used with it. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not expecting any issues with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2019, 08:25 PM)VisitorX Wrote: Thanks very much, Fred. I just read a few of the posts on OSCAR in the thread that you linked to, and I'll read more soon. I see you are much involved with OSCAR. Speaking as a relative outside, at least recently, I'll presume to add my thanks to those of others: Thank you. I look forward to benefitting. And as long as I have you, I'll just ask if you could confirm that OSCAR is readily compatible with ASV machines and (when using the Resmed ASV) with the integrated pulse oximeter that can be used with it. Thanks again.

I am beta testing OSCAR with thr Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt (ASV Machine) and it works without issue, for Sleepyhead I suggest you go with version 1.1.0 for now, both versions work but 1.1 is faster if it will run ok on your machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much to both of you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed S9 ASV machine I've been using for over 5 years (I'm waiting for my new S10 now). I use both Sleepyhead and Rescan. I like the displayed data of Sleepyhead, but Rescan is a certified data reporting tool, Sleepyhead is not. If you need to prove compliance, or get a DME to make changes to your machine (if you can use Rescan you probably can adjust your machine yourself), Rescan is your tool. If you don't need the certified report, Sleepyhead works great. The new Resmed S10 has a built in cell phone reporting feature(?), this makes the S10 "call home" daily and report the data in the cloud (I believe this can be stopped by turning on "airplane mode" , or unplugging during the day, if not needed/desired).
Post Reply Post Reply
JMRobert48 there is no need to use Resscan to change settings, you just. Need to know how. Find out how get the Clinical manual from the links at the top of the page
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar questions tmoody 2 1,004 08-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Sorry simple questions Lolagirl 3 1,056 11-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Dreammapper app questions BHappy 2 3,657 04-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Last Post: BHappy
  SleepyHead Questions VisitorX 8 2,264 03-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: steve823
  SleepyHead Questions SylviaT 2 1,248 07-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Questions Regarding SleepyHead johnathonm 1 1,244 02-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Questions about Encore Pro MitchS 15 4,267 01-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: MitchS

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.