Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH pictures
RE: Sleepyhead pictures
Forty-five pounds--wow!  That is fantastic, and I'm sure you're right that it is contributing to your feelings of greater well-being.

If an expert comes along and takes a look at your charts, great, but honestly, your most recent chart (the one at 11) looks excellent to me.

I guess one aspect of sleep you might want to address further is leaks, if you have any that sometimes wake you up.  If that isn't a problem, ignore the next two paragraphs!

If you have mask leaks, you might want to experiment with a different size of nasal pillow or headgear, or reposition your headgear to increase or decrease the tension of the straps. 

If you have mouth leaks, you might want to try using some tape on your mouth (I like Somnifix strips, though they are pricey), either taping horizontally across you mouth or using just a bit of tape vertically in the middle of your mouth.  And some people find it easier to keep their mouths closed if they use a neck collar, either a soft foam collar or the firm Dr. Dakota half-collar.

If your TV naps are in the evening, you could try resetting your "circadian clock" by using sunglasses if you're out in the sun during the morning, and making sure to get out in the sun without sunglasses in the late afternoon.  That is one of many fascinating ideas I found in a book called Why We Sleep, by Matthew Walker, who is a sleep researcher and professor at UC Berkeley.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead pictures
Great info. I appreciate your input and look forward to hearing from anyone with more input. I might consider a chin strap also. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Abnormal or just weird (with pictures!) mhjunk525 2 597 04-27-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: mhjunk525
  Pictures Needed to Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 jakeconnor 2 1,289 11-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Can I post pictures of my daughters results for help? AbbyMomma 6 3,037 06-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Resmed S9 Elite Teardown & pictures nashbridges 2 7,133 03-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.