Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SLEEP DOCTOR RUINED MY CARD
SLEEP DOCTOR RUINED MY CARD
I started using my machine at the end of December last year and I use the sleepy head software to view my memory card. I had to send the card to the sleep Dr. and when I got it back, it didnt work in the machine. So rather than send the card back and wait again, I deleted the files on the card and manually put the new pressure settings in my machine. Unfortunately, it only gives me summary data now rather than all the cool graphs. Is there a way I can turn all this back on? I live in Japan and it would be hard for me to explain this to the sleep doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SLEEP DOCTOR RUINED MY CARD
I assume you are using the SD card and now only see summary data. The card should be recording all of the data. Try rebuilding data in Sleepyhead. If there is a problem with the SD card, just get a new one from 2-16 GB. The CPAP will format and write the files to the card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rebuilding?
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the option, it didnt change anything on the current data. I guess I'll look at it tomorrow after use and see if it has changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2017, 09:44 PM)pavelow360 Wrote: I found the option, it didnt change anything on the current data. I guess I'll look at it tomorrow after use and see if it has changed.

Good practice is to back up the SD card to a safer form of storage each day.  I back mine up to about four flash drives and two external hard drives - and that's just on one of my computers.  I do the same on two others.  All in all I have about six or seven backups of every data file on the SD card, but I admit I'm obsessive, mainly due to twenty years of operating a large library database system. 

But you should keep your data files backed up on at least two other drives, and on one of the "cloud" services as well.  Then if your doctor screws up your SD drive you can copy all the files that were damaged back onto the SD card from your backup.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pavelow360,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, backing up the data isnt the issue. I tried another memory card and the data written on it about the same as the card that was given to the doctor. I suppose I will contact resmed...... here we go....Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2017, 12:42 AM)pavelow360 Wrote: Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, backing up the data isnt the issue. I tried another memory card and the data written on it about the same as the card that was given to the doctor. I suppose I will contact resmed...... here we go....Sad

Sorry to disagree, but I still think backup is indeed the issue.  SD cards are fragile compared to proper flash drives or a decent hard drive (external or internal).  You need more than one backup!  A simple and robust way would be to install one of the cloud services (Gdrive, Dropbox, Onedrive) on several of your computers and copy each day's files to that cloud service on one of your computers, when it will migrate automatically to other computers that had the same cloud service installed.  Even installing a cloud service on one of your computers is better than having only one backup, especially to just one other SD card.

The disadvantage of cloud storage is that if a file gets deleted on one computer it will eventually get deleted from all your computers.  Windows can be set up to keep automatic backups on an external hard drive, and it will keep every version of modified files.  Apple and Linux systems may be able to do the same thing but, as I don't use them, I can't say that for sure.

This is my opinion.  I might be wrong.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll explain in detail. I did not lose any backed up data. I  bought the machine, started using it. I downloaded sleephead software. I imported data from the card to the program. Under the daily tab, for each day you click on, there are a bunch of graphs and charts, event flags, flow rate, mask pressure, etc. For me, Feb 1 is the last day that I have the information mentioned. Starting on Feb 2, if you click on the day, instead of all the graphs and charts, the screen shows a sheep with a cpap mask on in the center and down below it says summary only with a sad face. If you look  to the box at the lower left corner, there is a smaller sheep and above him it says "sessions all off!", below him it says "sessions exist for the day but are switched off." 

Like I explained in my initial post, when I got the memory card back, and put it in the machine, it didnt work, I do not recall the message but I just deleted what was on it and put it back in and went from there. I also used another memory card and it is only recording the limited data as well. I also tried to reformat the original card and it still hasnt changed. 

I think something is wrong with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,720 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 525 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.