Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SLEEP DOCTOR RUINED MY CARD
RE: SLEEP DOCTOR RUINED MY CARD
Okay, well, last ditch effort unless anyone knows any other fix, I used the machine to erase the data on the card and then set the machine to factory default and then put settings back in and will see what I get tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand why you would erase the data already on the card. I have the same machine and, for some unknown reason, it also only rerecorded summary data for 2 days out of the last 30. The other 28 days of data is still of value and I would not consider erasing it. If my machine continues to do this I will persue resolution under the warrenty.

In any event, this should be a lesson to you to back up your card daily. It takes hardly any extra time.

Hope you get it worked out.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Starting on Feb 2, if you click on the day, instead of all the graphs and charts, the screen shows a sheep with a cpap mask on in the center and down below it says summary only with a sad face. If you look to the box at the lower left corner, there is a smaller sheep and above him it says "sessions all off!", below him it says "sessions exist for the day but are switched off."

Below the sheep on the left, it will say "sessions exist for the day but are switched off." Below that are the words "Session information" and below that a box with a time in it (eg "5h 41m"). Click in that box. That should at least turn the session information back on.

Your machine is a later model than mine, but I think it works the same way - only summary data is stored within the machine. The detailed and high resolution data is written directly to the card. If the card is not in the machine for a particular night (eg when you returned it to the DME) then there will be no detailed data stored anywhere. SleepyHead will report "summary only". If there was any detailed data on the card and you erased it, then it's gone for good (unless you had it properly backed up on your computer). So don't go willy-nilly erasing the card - you'll just keep losing your data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
I had the sleep data backed up on my computer and already imported it into sleepy head software, so I still have it. When I recieved the card back and it wasnt working in the machine, I took a look at it on my pc and noticed that the sleep doctor had erased the datalog. I only erased the "settings folders" that were left.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2017, 01:17 AM)Melman Wrote: I don't understand why you would erase the data already on the card. I have the same machine and, for some unknown reason, it also only rerecorded summary data for 2 days out of the last 30. The other 28 days of data is still of value and I would not consider erasing it. If my machine continues to do this I will persue resolution under the warrenty.

In any event, this should be a lesson to you to back up your card daily. It takes hardly any extra time.

Hope you get it worked out.

I had the data backed up before sending it to the Doctor, plus I used another card in the machine while the original was out of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your doctor most likely used ResScan to alter the settings for your machine and wrote those changes to your SD card. When you do that, ResScan deletes all data on the card and just leaves the settings folder you discovered. You can try using an undelete program but your chances of recovering that data is slim to none.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATED INFO
So after using a lame attempt fix from the Cpap machine company that I bought the device off of,  I finally got around to installing the sleepyhead software on another computer and some of the detailed graphs do show up for some of the days after the day that it appeared they were not being recorded. So I am not one 100 percent convinced but it seems its is a bug in the software and the relationship between it, my computer and the machine. lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,730 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.