Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SOLVED high capacity humidifier
RE: SOLVED high capacity humidifier
This is a really interesting work around. Thanks for posting it.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I cut the tube down so that it sits at the right height just by pushing the bottle down all the way.
I have to say that it looks rather professional.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2022, 03:40 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Not sure why though others have such an issue and I rarely ever had to deal with it? I think maybe twice or so, my water reservoir ran dry during the night.

I have lived or spent nights in various states, climates, & elevations.  In some I've only needed to fill my tank weekly. In some I run out 2/3 through the night. I think it very much depends on where you live, and the climate there.
Post Reply Post Reply
This hack is revolutionary!  I will definitely be doing this!  It would be SO nice to be able to sleep through the night, undisturbed by burning smell. Thank you!

It would be great if this could be done with the DreamStation, but its humidifier configuration is so different (less accessible).
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a great idea. But, even in my dry AZ climate, I have never run my tank dry in all the years I have been on CPAP.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
A very clever solution! I like that thinking.

I've had the empty tank problem -- and dry throat --  but found that I my humidity setting was too high. Recently, I switched back from the nasal mask (because of a nose "bruise") back to the pillows and set the humdity back to "5". To my surprise, even though my mask fit is around "10" -- there's a about a bit of water left in the tub.

A final thought, it occurs to me that if a CPAPer has a bad mask fit a significant amount of moisture will be lost to the room.

Thanks for your post.
Hal
Post Reply Post Reply
I've often though about the automatic plant watering globes. Available at Amazon.
Can spice-up the old machine with a splash of pizzaz. [Image: 46.gif]

Just search on "Automatic Plant Watering".

These are said to be hand-blown glass.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40053]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone used the automatic plant watering globes to add more water to the humidifier tank? If so, was it a successful way to add more water to your pap machine water tank?
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.