Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON,
Ohmy 
SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON,
Unsure[/font]
Ok, so I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, got out of bed, still with mask on and machine running. Looked at display to see what my pressure was at time of awakening. It was at 9.4 which is about average for me. All of a sudden it starts to rise slowly to 10.6. Now I am awake, breathing normally, and staring at this machine like the aliens took over. Sleeyhead shows no events at all during that time.
What do you think?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON,
no problem. PR system one firmware periodically ramps almost a whole cm H2o as a sort of test. not sure what it is doing, exactly, but it aint aliens.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
When we are awake, we are breathing a lot differently than when asleep. I'd not be surprised to see it increase while I'm awake. It doesn't need an event to do so. Just a detection of narrowing of airway or some other something. Or aliens.

Also, Opal, try to refrain from playing with the font sizes. I know it is fun to do but it can make reading your posts difficult for some of the old farts around here. Or us young ones who need their eyeglass prescription changed.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 05:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: When we are awake, we are breathing a lot differently than when asleep. I'd not be surprised to see it increase while I'm awake. It doesn't need an event to do so. Just a detection of narrowing of airway or some other something. Or aliens.

Also, Opal, try to refrain from playing with the font sizes. I know it is fun to do but it can make reading your posts difficult for some of the old farts around here. Or us young ones who need their eyeglass prescription changed.

OOPS! Sorry PaulaO2
I won't play with fonts anymore. Could I blame it on the aliens?? Apology-2
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 42 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 196 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,669 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 294 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 286 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Weird breathing flow Rich66 1 299 01-09-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 402 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.