Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ownership by cpap serial number
Ownership by cpap serial number
Hello all, 

I have a S9 elite cpap-machine that was donated to me to try to help me get back to truck driving...

I am having problems at the doctor's office because the data from my SD card pulls the unit serial number and that somehow pulls up info on the original owner in their system. 

Resmed won't help, they just send me to my local DTE. The company my insurance sent me to won't touch the device because they've never seen it or didn't issue it to me. 

The molasses like slog to follow the insurance route would keep a cpap out of my hands till Dec at this point. Thus I have a friend of a friend who gave me one they didn't need. 

Thanks for any help on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ownership by cpap serial number
You're a member of Apnea Board and you can go to the Private Files area and download your own copy of ResScan software http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links This is the official software of Resmed and it will let you create compliance reports that are accepted anywhere.

As far as your DME, it should simply be a matter of entering a new user profile with the serial number under your name. This is not rocket science, but if you don't know how to manage a database it happens. Make your own reports and cut out the middle man.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ownership by cpap serial number
I agree with Sleerider. Using ResScan to print your own reports may be the best option.

If you decide you still want a third party to print your reports, call around to local DMEs and tell them what the problem is up front. Most in my area are happy to print reports for anyone for a fee. Hint: If you decide to go this route, set up an appointment. Some DMEs don’t take walk-ins. You will also need to take your machine in, in addition to your sd card, for them to get all of the information off of it to register it to you (found this out the hard way).
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a provider has my device Serial #, are they able to access my data forever more? Robert89 4 736 09-17-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Difference in AHI Number mawaw1992 6 869 01-11-2021, 10:25 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Really Long Negative Number Chris43156 18 2,046 11-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Chris43156
  OSCAR vs DreamMapper AHI Number 3rdMarDiv 4 2,233 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
Question serial number problem in registering for DreamMapper sherryjc 6 7,600 01-26-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.