Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPO2/Pulse : Apple Watch, Fitbit, etc
SPO2/Pulse : Apple Watch, Fitbit, etc
Seemed reasonable to start thread (searched and found nothing).

Excited by the potential. Realize Apple is not the only one doing SPO2 with wearables (see note below).  

We might be close to the time to have a forum area for WEARABLES that monitor body functions.

Then there is software/OSCAR, I am looking forward to hearing about data formats and ability to import/exchange/analyze data . . . 

from
[Commercial Link Removed]

SpO2 and pulse ox wearables: Why blood oxygen is the big new health metric
Sept 17, 2020 // By 

[Commercial Link Removed] Fitbit Charge 4,
[Commercial Link Removed]Versa 2 and the 
[Commercial Link Removed]Fitbit Sense all put a big emphasis on blood oxygen, and Garmin's many Fenix and Forerunner watches have been leveraging the data too.

But even more people will be talking about SpO2 after it was added to the 
[Commercial Link Removed]Apple Watch Series 6.

And we've seen cheaper brands jump in too, with Huawei busy adding an SpO2 sensor to most of its smartwatches. "

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Links Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPO2/Pulse : Apple Watch, Fitbit, etc
Seems reasonable. Wearables do everything else. Though I doubt you will find Apple to accommodating when trying to get data off of one of their devices unless someone writes an app that would store your data somewhere and provide an api for you to download it. Anything is possible.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
It shouldn't be too bad to get the data.  The SPO2 results from the watch is stored in Apple Health on the phone.  Other apps can request access to health data, and the health app has an option to export all health data.  I wouldn't want to have to export all data every time I want to import it to OSCAR, but at least it's an option. 

From what I've read though, both the apple watch and fitbit have some accuracy issues, from a wider margin of error on readings to readings failing all together if you aren't completely still for the 15-30 second duration of the measurement.  Unless that changes, I'd look at them more as a novelty than a medical device.  Watch the data and treat any downward trends or reproducable unexplained low readings as warning signs to see a doctor, but don't get too worked up about occasional odd results.

On a related note, it would be great if OSCAR could import the sleep tracking data from apple health as well.  I can think of at least one use for that info - If it knew when I was asleep or awake, it could calculate AHI based on the actual time I was asleep, rather than including the time I lay awake in bed with my mask on trying to get to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree support for Apple Watch would be good.  An app that can read heart rate data and export a range over a period of time; airdrop that to my max and pull into Oscar.  Same for SPO2 data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,751 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,208 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 618 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,087 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 549 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,845 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,879 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.