Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPO2 - What is Data Joint and what is the difference between a 1-Day and 2-Day Joint?
Smile 
SPO2 - What is Data Joint and what is the difference between a 1-Day and 2-Day Joint?
Example:
If I sleep from 9pm to 6am, that could either be 2-days (as it crosses the date line) or 1-day as its beneath the 24 hour day recording.

What is the best practice to pull in the Oxymetry data from SPO2 into Oscar?

I have been putting it on 1-day and it appears to work fine.  But I wanted to see if anybody smarter than me can help me understand the logic.

Thanks.

I have the Contec 50F and connect via 3.1.0.1 on windows, pull all files down (may be split depending on if my finger slips during the night), and then Data Joint stitches them together into a single SPO2 file for import into OSCAR on Mac.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPO2 - What is Data Joint and what is the difference between a 1-Day and 2-Day Joint?
The OSCAR day runs from noon until the following noon. This is based on the ResMed method of keeping statistics, and most people's normal sleeping habits.

Your sleep example is contained in one day.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPO2 - What is Data Joint and what is the difference between a 1-Day and 2-Day Joint?
(03-21-2021, 02:41 PM)jobtimate Wrote: I have the Contec 50F and connect via 3.1.0.1 on windows, pull all files down (may be split depending on if my finger slips during the night), and then Data Joint stitches them together into a single SPO2 file for import into OSCAR on Mac.

can you offer any advice?? I have the contec cms50F and smart device assistant 3/1/0/1 like you have. I haven't figured out yet how to import into oscar v1.3 ..  I can get the info to import from the pulse/oximeter to the smart device assistant .. but need help   moving the data into oscar. windows 10 desk to computer
thanks
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Wiki:
The software's default SpO2 data storage folder in Windows 10 is C:\users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0\Data. I copy CMS50F SpO2 data files from the default Smart Device Data folder to a new root directory folder named C:\SpO2_Data. Oscar will import the SpO2 data files directly from the C:\SpO2_Data folder. You must first have Oscar import your machine's sleep data file from your SD Card prior to importing the corresponding SpO2 data file from the same time frame.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2021, 08:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: From the Wiki:
The software's default SpO2 data storage folder in Windows 10 is C:\users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0\Data. I copy CMS50F SpO2 data files from the default Smart Device Data folder to a new root directory folder named C:\SpO2_Data. Oscar will import the SpO2 data files directly from the C:\SpO2_Data folder. You must first have Oscar import your machine's sleep data file from your SD Card prior to importing the corresponding SpO2 data file from the same time frame.

Thank you!! I've been searching for the spo2 data files in c:\users\charlie\appdata\program files(x86)\smart device assistant v3.1.0\data   and what shows up is the demo.spo2 file ...  I think  the manual tells me to look there.  :-(

so I was able to import to oscar ..

when saving the data from the cms50F, it asks me questions .. I understand the 1/2 day issue,but not the other questions .. guess I'll be forced to read the manual  :-)
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2021, 08:46 AM)cberistain Wrote: c:\users\charlie\appdata\program files(x86)\smart device assistant v3.1.0\data   and what shows up is the demo.spo2 file ...  

You missed a few directories in there.

Try:
Quote:C:\users\charlie\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0\Data
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks... i've got it
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2021, 08:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: From the Wiki:
You must first have Oscar import your machine's sleep data file from your SD Card prior to importing the corresponding SpO2 data file from the same time frame.

Yep, I saw that in the Wiki too. But it doesn't seem to be necessary for me. I'm using OSCAR on a Mac and I can import my Viatom data prior to importing my CPAP SD card's data. Actually I import the Oxi data everyday but only import the SD card every few days to a week. 

Everything seems to match up just fine. I wonder if the Wiki is just out of date or I've been lucky.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little trick; If you import your CPAP data first, you can then rename the Viatom's file name to match the CPAP's start time in order to sync both files exactly. This only works on OSCAR v1.3.0.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The software that comes with the contec is kind of dicey sometimes. If you ever find yourself in the position where it won't let you combine the correct sessions, you tell it to combine everything that it has. Then you find the directory with the individual files and MAKE A COPY. In the copy, you delete the files with the time stamps of the sessions that you don't want, and then run the "joint data review" on the pared-down directory.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,721 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,190 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,083 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,876 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.