Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPO2 meters
SPO2 meters
What is the current state of the art for SPO2 meters that will record the data.
My insurance won't pay and I am broke, so I need a delux machine for a Salvation Army price.
I also just started an exercise program and would like to monitor my heart rate and O2 withe same device.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPO2 meters
Prices start from $70 for CMS-50D Plus, comes with own software and also supported by SleepyHead software
Supplier #19 ... for pulse oximeters
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Importing CMS 50D Plus oximeter data into SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

SpO2 software
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2013, 01:08 PM)bwexler Wrote: I also just started an exercise program and would like to monitor my heart rate and O2 withe same device.

Wrist-mounted units such as the CMS-50F or the newer CMS-50i are more comfortable and will not fall off and break on the ground, and so may be much better for use while exercising. But they are more expensive.

Although these wrist oximeters have free software (which is what I use) for looking at the recorded data, I think only the CMS-50D Plus is supported by SleepyHead.

SleepyHead allows display of the CMS-50D Plus data on same charts along with your CPAP data, but my fingers are too sensitive to allow me to use the CMS-50D Plus, so I use a writst-mounted one and I use the separate free program to look at the recorded data, which all works fine for me.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as the data is put into the correct format (.spO or something like that), SleepyHead can read it. It isn't what device it is from but how it the data is formatted. I *think* some of the newer, higher end ones no longer use the same SpO2 software that the lower end cheap 50D does. Didn't someone say that for the W or something?

(the memory, it goes...)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2013, 06:57 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: As long as the data is put into the correct format (.spO or something like that), SleepyHead can read it. It isn't what device it is from but how it the data is formatted. I *think* some of the newer, higher end ones no longer use the same SpO2 software that the lower end cheap 50D does. Didn't someone say that for the W or something?

(the memory, it goes...)

Right. I have the CMS-50iW which is pretty much the same as the CMS-50i. The new format of its data files is different than the format used by the CMS-50+, and last time I tried (several months ago) SleepyHead was not able to read in the new format.

I expect that SleepyHead will eventually be able to read the newer format, but - until then - I am happily using the free software which is supplied with the device.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it would be easy to just glance from one to the other using the time line.

Interesting that they switched formats. PITA.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 393 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 828 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,056 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Movement and spO2 drops newtothis123 3 440 10-06-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,070 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.