Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPO2 "range"
SPO2 "range"
I've been using the contec CMS50F for a few weeks  ... I notice that I have one spike that drops to 88% each night ... is this an acceptable level or something I have to work on?
thanks 
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed airfit F30i mask / oscar
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPO2 "range"
A screenshot showing the dip would be helpful. But generally if it's a quick blip that low it may have just been the sensor briefly losing contact with your finger while you moved.
If it dropped and stayed there for a few minutes (or longer) you may have some other health issues that need to be addressed with your Dr.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends. How long is it at 88? A few seconds, then no it's not an issue. 5, 6 minutes then yes this is something that needs addressed pretty soon. Anything that low with a duration measured in minutes likely needs to have you discuss it with Dr. Dolittle.

You could show an OSCAR chart with SpO2 added and then we can see it. Or the CMS style chart. Pictures are worth 1,000 words.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2021, 04:21 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: A screenshot showing the dip would be helpful.  
two screen grabs.. one overall and one specific to the low sp02

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
The SpO2 drops are worth watching, but with this sample it only dropped to 90 and for a few seconds. Not as worrisome as if it were dropping to 88% or less and spanning minutes of duration.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this thread from Software Support to the Main Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
cberistain, the SpO2 is not a big deal, but you can really stand to optimize your settings to reduce the flow limitations, and that should help reduce hypopnea and RERA. My suggestion is a minimum pressure of 7.0, leave the maximum pressure at 16, and use EPR full time at a setting of 3. This will give you bilevel pressure with a difference of 3-cm between inhale and exhale pressure starting at 7.0/4.0. You are really going to notice the improved feel and ventilation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
i will give that a try
charlie
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2021, 08:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: cberistain, the SpO2 is not a big deal, but you can really stand to optimize your settings to reduce the flow limitations, and that should help reduce hypopnea and RERA.  My suggestion is a minimum pressure of 7.0, leave the maximum pressure at 16, and use EPR full time at a setting of 3.  This will give you bilevel pressure with a difference of 3-cm between inhale and exhale pressure starting at 7.0/4.0.  You are really going to notice the improved feel and ventilation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2021, 08:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: cberistain, the SpO2 is not a big deal, but you can really stand to optimize your settings to reduce the flow limitations, and that should help reduce hypopnea and RERA.  My suggestion is a minimum pressure of 7.0, leave the maximum pressure at 16, and use EPR full time at a setting of 3.  This will give you bilevel pressure with a difference of 3-cm between inhale and exhale pressure starting at 7.0/4.0.  You are really going to notice the improved feel and ventilation.

I took your advice and changed my settings as recommended ... all I can say is... it must be magic!! I hit pressures of 14+ and no feeling that the mask was going to blow off ... zero large leaks ( but certainly some small ones) .. I'm guessing it is the EPR full time setting that made the difference ..
so.. many thanks for your help..

also, I was wondering.. when posting oscar data .. what is the most effective way to do it? obviously, a screen grap won't capture all the data ... so do I focus on flow rate, pressure, & leak rate?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 319 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 152 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
  Going it alone-help me with my settings and SpO2 desats Papgirl 4 254 03-31-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 534 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,605 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 890 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 754 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.