Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPo2/ OSCAR suggestion
SPo2/ OSCAR suggestion
As can be seen in the attached screen shot, the starting few minutes skew the data.
it would be nice if OSCAR would lop off the first few minutes before doing it's calculations.

thanks
charlie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPo2/ OSCAR suggestion
The data is the data!

I had asked the previous team if it were possible to build a scissors function, a start marker, and a stop marker that would allow data to be calculated between the two markers. My intent was to eliminate the wake/sleep jump at the start and end of a session. At that time, I was told it was an additional complexity, would not be used by many, and would be ranked low on the priority list. Upon further thought, I concurred. It seems you may be asking for an automatic application of the same idea.

Unfortunately, the reasoning against the project remains the same. Especially if it will alter medical records.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it was posted a while back that the truncating function was alive and well on the regular cpap output, but no on the SPo2 data..  is that correct??
thanks
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
What oximeter are you using? Oximeters shouldn’t report incorrect low numbers, they should instead report no data if they can’t get an accurate reading.

Either your SpO2 really was that low when you went to bed, or your oximeter is giving bad readings, or OSCAR is somehow importing it incorrectly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,182 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,371 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,170 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,950 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 482 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
Idea Spreadsheet Analysis of SpO2: Median of +/- one minute looks helpful DavidEsp 1 740 08-22-2023, 10:55 AM
Last Post: chemmkl
Idea Better SpO2 Metrics? Integrative/Cumulative? DavidEsp 1 737 08-22-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: chemmkl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.