Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPo2 drop
SPo2 drop
any thoughts on why the SPo2 dropped around 3:50AM?
two screen shots attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SPo2 drop
(01-12-2022, 03:36 PM)cberistain Wrote: any thoughts on why the SPo2 dropped around 3:50AM?
two screen shots attached.

I'm afraid I don't know -- but I'd like to, because I have many instances very similar every night (see attached image). Sometimes I have whole runs of this waxing-and-waning ventilation, sometimes just one instance out of the blue, as you show.

I know it doesn't help, but I wanted you to know you're not alone Smile

Best wishes, DS

Post Reply Post Reply
My fitbit approximates SPo2 levels.. and sometimes it shows >80% ( the lowest level it will read) .... and those low levels never match up with my SPo2 data ...so I think that shows that the fitbit data is not reliable.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately I don't think this data will answer your why question. I think to answer why would need other medical testing to find the cause.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't say in your post which oximeter you are using. Just a guess but CMS50F???
It is possible you moved during your sleep and knocked the sensor around a little bit. I get some odd looking dips like that occasionally but they are not consistent so I just ignore them.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2022, 11:27 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It is possible you moved during your sleep and knocked the sensor around a little bit.  I get some odd looking dips like that occasionally but they are not consistent so I just ignore them.

Sure, it could be an artefact; but it looks like it takes about 8 minutes to recover. To my mind, that argues against it just being a knocked sensor. I guess the blood circulation might have been interrupted by pressure, or something like that.

Was the minute ventilation constant during this anomaly?

BW, DS
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2022, 11:27 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It doesn't say in your post which oximeter you are using.  Just a guess but CMS50F???
It is possible you moved during your sleep and knocked the sensor around a little bit.  I get some odd looking dips like that occasionally but they are not consistent so I just ignore them.

yes CMS50F  .. and yes I do have some nights where the sensor comes off my finger. sometimes if I'm awake, I'll get it back on before it shuts off. other times I just lose the data for that part of the nigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking just at your flow graph, I wonder what it says before the point it starts. Because it looks like you had a gradual dip then a big breath, which set up the rest of the periodic breathing which led your sats downward. Was there anything visible before 3:46:30 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2022, 08:08 AM)Ratchick Wrote: Looking just at your flow graph, I wonder what it says before the point it starts. Because it looks like you had a gradual dip then a big breath, which set up the rest of the periodic breathing which led your sats downward. Was there anything visible before 3:46:30 ?

here is a screen shot of that time frame... I didn't see anything that would trigger the event.

Post Reply Post Reply
My only suggestion would be that that cluster of what looks like four "half breaths" with a normal inspiration curve but no corresponding expiratory curve of a similar magnitude. Perhaps either that caused enough of a disturbance to trigger small arousal, hence the bigger breath, and that then triggered off the other events? But that's just as much guess on my part.

Honestly, if this was just a once-off, then I'd probably just put a pin in it for now and see how you go. If it was actually an artefact caused by movement, then obviously it's not important. And if it's a one off, then there's nothing else to really do except make sure it doesn't happen more often. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 12 250 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: RichardW
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 149 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
  Going it alone-help me with my settings and SpO2 desats Papgirl 4 248 03-31-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 514 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 871 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 749 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 269 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.