Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPo2
RE: SPo2
couldn't find the FF version so I ordered the F version...
thanks for all the help
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been reading the reviews on the "F" model and they are horrible -- mostly 1 star reviews saying the data transfer is very hard to figure out or simply doesn't work.  

Even more telling is that even though this model is 4 years old and in a very popular niche, only 1 Amazon seller is carrying it, and the price is almost $50 more than the eBay sellers, which usually means that customers are very unhappy with it and usually return it.    

So... what would be the next best economical non-fingertip oximeter that OSCAR will talk to?

I have the EMAY fingertip oximeter, but have realized it just hurts too much to have it clipped on all night.  It fits well, but is heavy with 2 AAA batteries.  The chart is hardcoded for some stupid reason to only show you 15 minute sections of the O2 graph, so you have to look at their summary page.  It does export to .CSV, but OSCAR won't read that.   Final problem:  alkaline batteries only last 2 nights, and regular rechargeables only last 2 hours!   You could buy high capacity lithium AAAs, but I'm not sure they would last the 9 hours or so you need.   So... looking at wrist and "ring" options.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2021, 10:10 PM)Apnealicious Wrote: So... what would be the next best economical non-fingertip oximeter that OSCAR will talk to?

Have you looked at the Wellue oximeters?  They are more expensive but the data can be used with OSCAR. 

The CMS50F can be a bit quirky to figure out the first time, but it works just fine.  I use the free software to get the data off my older F, then import it into OSCAR.
Some users have reported issues with the 50F but I have not had any problems with mine.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't remember my CMS 50F import to OSCAR being difficult. I did need to find the free computer app for it to work.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spent 4 hours researching this last night, and it's one of the most confusing things I've ever purchased, mostly because the Wellru company does not use model numbers, AND doesn't clearly explain what their products create as far as data that can be imported.  They use model names that are NOT consistent across sellers, the photos used are not consistent among models, and prices are all over the place from $67 to $260 for what is supposedly the same product!  Then we have the company name confusion, where  Wellru is sometimes Viatom but not always and sometimes a couple of other company names, or appear to be because they use the same product photos and trademarked product names!  What a mess.

SO, I went ahead and bought the CMS-50F, simply because it is the only unit where I knew I was buying a product that would work with OSCAR.

Thanks for all of the posts and info here, it was far more helpful than the sellers' and manufacturers' websites!  And don't even get me started on the Fitbit I bought last year, but that company doesn't feel customers should have access to their own data, even with a "premium subscription"!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wellue name is common to North America,   The Viatom seems to be their name for the European/World market.  Basically, there are 3 models that will work with OSCAR, the SleepU, O2Ring, and the Checkme.  The data is actually stored in a SQL database and is extracted by their software or by using a SQL script.  Viewing the data, using the Wellue/Viatom software, will create a binary file that's name is created by the date and starting time of the session.  It is this file that can very easily be imported into OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the info... I ordered the "F" last week .. Hope it works out... time will tell  :-)
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
The trick with the latest CMS-50 software is locating where it is storing the ".SpO2" files on your PC. After that, everything else is child's play.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The data file from the software for the CMS50F should be something along these lines:

Code:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that tip!  I'm a software engineer using SQL for decades, this will be interesting to see.  

Now I'm wondering if there is a way to get OSCAR to import a simple, general .CSV file with date, time and O2 level.  My EMAY fingertip meter creates a file like that, and stores 1 record every 1 second.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,751 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,208 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,087 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,879 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 461 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
Idea Spreadsheet Analysis of SpO2: Median of +/- one minute looks helpful DavidEsp 1 711 08-22-2023, 10:55 AM
Last Post: chemmkl
Idea Better SpO2 Metrics? Integrative/Cumulative? DavidEsp 1 703 08-22-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: chemmkl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.