Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ST Mode waking me up
RE: ST Mode waking me up
I changed ti min to 0.7. My AHI is slightly higher in the last 2 days but not sure if it's related to ti min. This is from yesterday:

Post Reply Post Reply
All of the data we have seen so far has been at a pressure of 14/10 in ST mode. Your chart in S mode clearly indicated a need for the timed backup rate. I'd like to see TiMin adjusted based on comfort, and so far it is not a factor in your AHI. It might be interesting to increase pressure support to 5.0 (15/10 pressure) and see if that reduces events. I don't have a clear understanding why you are on ST and assumed your sleep studies indicated central apnea, however if it is COPD or similar, then that would explain the relatively long expiration time. Whatever insights you can offer may help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am far from an expert, but I did just switch to a ResMed ST a month ago.  The "Rise Time" that my machine came with was a very low setting and increasing the setting made everything much more comfortable.  Again, just sharing my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again, thanks for the replies. I checked my sleep study and titration reports again and it seems like I was wrong. Most of the events detected during those are obstructive. 
I scanned and uploaded some pages from my sleep and titration studies here (viewable in browser):  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your event counts were
Obstructive 199
Hypopnea 9
Central 1
Mixed 26

My opinion, this isn't enough to justify something specialized like ASV or ST. There's not enough centrals to say you have a big CA issue. And unless you've not told us, I'm not aware of respiratory disease that indicates need for ST. I think you'd do better on a VAuto, but with patience in tuning, the ST could be OK for you
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 182 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 108 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 322 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 386 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 208 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 451 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.