Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

STOPPED OXYGEN
STOPPED OXYGEN
Oh My, Thank you for allowing me to join you... I have been on supplemental oxygen for over 5 years...since CABG x4 ( anyone have open heart surgery) I started my CPAP 3 months ago WITH oxygen

1) I never liked it. It was too noisy, the CPAP gave me a headache...and I felt like I was stoned
2)a week ago I ended supplemental oxygen...only CPAP....
3)RESULTS...I sleep like a baby...and (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) My blood sugar is better than it has been in 5 years...I have been under 100 for the last week.

Any insight into any of the approve would be appreciated, Serry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: STOPPED OXYGEN
Serry,
Welcome to the forum.
While I applaud your apparent success, show us the actual data to validate it.

You were on oxygen for a reason. Prove it is not needed with an overnight Oximeter recorder (One that is OSCAR compatible.). It is never a bad idea to periodically check your O2 overnight numbers.
Always provide an OSCAR screenshot so we have data to aid our suggestions. We don't like to guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for reply. CUHEALTH monitors all the data reports. I love the CPAP...I wanted to know why I don't like the oxygen concentrator. Namaste, Serry
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an ox generator it is located in another room with the door shut - can't hear it at all.  They gave a 25 Ft . Oxygen line.  I have been using for over 20 years, I would not think of sleeping without it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear it. I live in a tiny studio in downtown Denver, I don't have the luxury of another room. Namaste, Serry
Post Reply Post Reply
I would agree with show the data please. We encourage you to handle your therapy as you and your doctor see fit, but we do like seeing data to advise so we know we're giving good suggestions.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll pass. EVERYONE reacts differently. This is as bad as BIG PHARMA...Interested in your personal observations to a oxygen and sleep apnea...Serry
Post Reply Post Reply
Generally speaking, the way you feel is a good indicator of how well a therapy is working. There is good reason to think you may not need supplemental oxygen, however this should be verified. Although the data from your Respironics CPAP is monitored by CUHEALTH, they would need to see the results of a recording pulse oximeter to verify if your oxygen saturation levels are in a healthy range. That information is not provided by the CPAP. Discuss an evaluation with your doctor that would allow you to wear an oximeter overnight to verify your oxygen is at healthy levels without supplemental oxygen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I will have a better idea of how my oxygen is doing when AMZ send me a new pulse oxy. My oxygen is running low '90s at my doctors office. I still believe something is wrong with my concentrator...Namaste, Serry
Post Reply Post Reply
Her are the most silent. You can see if your provider have any of these models. 

The quietest home oxygen concentrator currently available at the Oxygen Concentrator Store include three models: Respironics EverFlo Q, Inogen at Home and the AirSep VisionAire. All three models register at around 40 decibels during usage
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 526 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.