Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

STOPPED OXYGEN
RE: STOPPED OXYGEN
I use OSCAR on an ASUS $225 laptop I bought at Walmart last year with 14 inch screen. I could connect it to my big NEC 46 inch display via HDMI if I want.

As for home supplemental oxygen versus hospital oxygen. If yours is an oxygen concentrator, yes there would be a significant difference. The hospital hooks to actual high percentage oxygen. It's very different. Hospital oxygen is likely medical oxygen at 99.2% pure oxygen. The concentrator isn't anywhere near that. I think I'd read that the highest quality oxygen concentrator can get 87% oxygen at 2 L/min. And there's only a few that can hit this.

Signed SD94 Pharmaceutical LLC
SD94P on NYSE

Coffee

PS I'm low income not yet senior but SSDI Disabled.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I knew I was right, I just didn't know the entire country is breathing garbage...SJ
Post Reply Post Reply
That seems like a little overboard.  The natural air we breathe contains 21% oxygen (21% FiO2) and 79% nitrogen at all times (with some trace gases). The FiO2 coming from a portable oxygen concentrator can vary anywhere from 90–96% FiO2. Hospital-grade oxygen found in a medical facility can reach >99% FiO2.

So Medical oxygen is about 3% more oxygen but going from 21% to 90+% does not seem like garbage??
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with SERRYJW on the big monitors - I have two 22" monitors, one portrait and one landscape.

But I also bought a Chromebook (for testing OSCAR), which turns out to be handy for talking to respirologists... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey...NOT REALLY...I lived in the San Franando Valley of L.A for 20years. I lived though 20 years of smog alerts. The oxygen was at 21% BUT the quality of the air was garbage.
This is a terrific website I found...It explains a lot to me. At 2.5 liters, I am at 30% Fi02
oxygenconcentratorstore (I'm too new for a link)

Quote...
most oxygen concentrators can deliver >90% FiO2. However, that percentage drops substantially towards 21% FiO2 based on the flow rate you are using—in addition to a number of other factors...etc ...end quote

Humana is paying for my concentrator...I am going to try and switch...Namaste, SJ
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.