Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job
A cleaner who was sacked because he had a cup of coffee on the job has won an unfair dismissal case in the Fair Work Commission.

In deciding the dismissal was unfair, Fair Work Commission vice president Adam Hatcher quoted the modern philosopher Alain de Botton: "Office civilisation could not be feasible without the hard take-offs and landings effected by coffee and alcohol."

[Image: 1464732420226.jpg]

The part-time cleaner sought the "take-off" of a cup of coffee in a Sydney office block shortly before his evening shift started.

In awarding the cleaner $9187.20 in damages and the right to get his old job back, Mr Hatcher concluded the dismissal was "unjust and unreasonable".
http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace...p6pu4.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for him. like
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's tell the whole story. He worked for a cleaning service and made himself coffee in the client's employee break room without formal permission from management. The client caught him and complained to the cleaner's employer about the theft and asked the cleaners to be removed.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Perhaps it was the booze flask in his hip pocket?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2016, 10:40 AM)justMongo Wrote: Perhaps it was the booze flask in his hip pocket?

For the "landing" Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Having worked for a cleaning service, it is a HUGE no-no to partake of ANYTHING belonging to the client. Not even a cup. We could get fired for that and knew it. In some places, we were not even allowed to use the restroom.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

is he/she that fatigued (working part-time) that he/she needed to have a coffee break on the bosses time?!!
Post Reply Post Reply
A long long time ago in a world far away when I was around 14. I got a job buffing floors at the emergency room at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base in Northern San Diego County CA.

A Major, in a white navy dress, caught me taking a mint from a bowl at the nurses station, grabbed me by the ear and drug me out the door. I was fired and didn't even get paid for the hours I had worked. I think they still owe me the $1.25 an hour promised me....and my ear still hurts(not really)

No one ever came to my defense. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2016, 01:52 AM)Sleeeppp Wrote: is he/she that fatigued (working part-time) that he/she needed to have a coffee break on the bosses time?!!

The article made it clear that he was drinking the coffee before his shift.

Many jobs specify certain time periods for rest/lunch breaks as well.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Some people need their java before a long day, don't see any harm done, unless they aren't making much money and that ONE cup really broke the bank!
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 424 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,527 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,071 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 4,310 10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 4,703 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] Coffee / Caffeine aussiefilo 13 1,769 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Last Post: PositiveMe123
  so hard to get a good coffee Paptillian 38 6,017 05-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Last Post: 2PAPs