Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saddened by my lack of progress with reading OSCAR
RE: Saddened by my lack of progress with reading OSCAR
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

May you all have the strength and energy to live and conquer your own issues.

Be well

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2021, 08:18 PM)Gideon Wrote: Dave, this is a work in progress, it is not ready to go mainstream yet.  It will be a long slow road as I add this and that to this wiki article.  But it should help.

Gideon the work you have done here is incredible.

My hat is off to you.  I'm really happy you did this work and sent me the link above.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
During my first sleep study my sleep doc observed severe sleep apnea
AND
Restless leg syndrome

RLS was observed during my last sleep study and noted by the sleep doc.

These two sleep studies were more than 30 years apart. Yet Restless Leg Syndrome has never been treated...

Is it possible to see Restless Leg Syndrome on OSCAR charts?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does not specifically recognize RLS. It would show as a disturbance in the flow rate. Specifically assigning the cause of the disturbance is very difficult.
Post Reply Post Reply
plm does have a signature pattern that I've confirmed in my flow rate and seen repeated in the charts of others. to my surprise, I've found the same pattern when masked up in bed trying to fall asleep moving around trying to ease waking rls. I think I'm awake but maybe I'm in transition and easily wakened. these (waking?) rls episodes usually last less than 20 minutes before I can't stand it and have to unmask, get up and walk around. the similarity in patterns surprises me because I perceive movements while awake fighting rls as random and involving more of the body, whereas, according to my wife, my sleeping plm movements are uniformly timed, spasmodic & mostly (not entirely) limited to the legs. 

at any rate, here's an example of sleeping plm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
here's one from when I think I'm awake, first attempt of the night to fall asleep struggling with rls. pretty much the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon.

Thanks sleepless...I'll look more closely!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2021, 03:07 PM)sheepless Wrote: here's one from when I think I'm awake, first attempt of the night to fall asleep struggling with rls. pretty much the same.

This is helpful to me. I see a lot of members displaying this pattern, and it is flagged now as variable breathing in Philips machines and disables the auto-pressure algorithm.  If this is a signature of PLM/ RLS that is a very useful piece of information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so grateful that sleepless shared.

However, I'm still sitting in this class with a dunce cap on my head. I don't know the trace that shows the PLM/RLS amongst all those squiggles. Sad

so I can't recognize it in my own trace.

So far the only "for sure" indicator I have is that my 80 lb dog jumps down off the bed so she won't be kicked....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Give your dog a big hug Dave.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 990 4 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,287 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 337 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,720 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 260 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 413 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 513 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.